Dual Alternator wiring 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is the Voltage regulator in alt.The AD244 could have any of prob 15 different ones. I picked WAI as they are largest and cheapest. Only true delcos list vr by alt p/n. So we have to narrow down the possibilites. Some by you providing what you know and find.
Check the alt closely Look for letters on case or on vr plug. Helps cause 6-7 letters and 4 terminals. What They call it. Next Check Voltage supplied see post 19. You need 12+ volts here
Next test is power to S term From battery
Last is power to L term thru resistor or light like 164 bulb.
Some cars had idiot light, some guages, and they all had computer controlled charging.so might even need all 3 (I S L) hooked up. 1 step at a time. Report Findings.

OP
OP
MalcDogg

MalcDogg

Reaction score
The problem is the Voltage regulator in alt.The AD244 could have any of prob 15 different ones. I picked WAI as they are largest and cheapest. Only true delcos list vr by alt p/n. So we have to narrow down the possibilites. Some by you providing what you know and find.
Check the alt closely Look for letters on case or on vr plug. Helps cause 6-7 letters and 4 terminals. What They call it. Next Check Voltage supplied see post 19. You need 12+ volts here
Next test is power to S term From battery
Last is power to L term thru resistor or light like 164 bulb.
Some cars had idiot light, some guages, and they all had computer controlled charging.so might even need all 3 (I S L) hooked up. 1 step at a time. Report Findings.

ok I finally figured this out after all this time

so the alternator bracket I purchased was painted so the alternator wasn’t getting a ground connection after taking the alternator to a electrical shop they converted the alternator to a 1 wire connector installed the alternator and it still wasn’t working until I finally noticed the alternator was not grounded

thanks for all ur help I really appreciate it