DTC P0300

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by LandRanger, Feb 12, 2018.

1. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    This my first post I have owned several Chevy and GMC trucks the last 30 years, I currently drive a 2007 Z71 Tahoe with 180K miles.

My 2007 Tahoe 5.3 LMG briefly flashed the CEI and Traction Control lights on Wednesday afternoon and went off, didn't notice any performance issue while going 75 to 80 mph, the next morning it did it again at highway speeds and stayed on a bit longer but went away, that afternoon it came on and stayed on. I've checked for intake & vacuum leaks, fuel pressure and trim, compression, injector plugs are pulsing, and have spark. My scanner tells me that #4 cylinder is misfiring 490 count, #3 45 count and #2 28 count. I just changed the injectors about 14 months ago. Regardless I have compression and spark so logic would assume the fuel is missing, I'm replacing the #4 injector today. Am I missing anything, if I have compression I shouldn't have a collapsed lifter. We'll see what happens with the new injector...

If any of you have a suggestion please opine.

2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Can your scan tool command each injector on and off? Welcome to the forum btw Jeff.

3. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Thank you! No I don't have a scanner that advanced.

4. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    could be other things, plugs. wires, coil packs, intake leak. none of which have anything to do with traction control.....that is a separate issue altogether such as abs module, abs sensors or steering sensor. needs a good scan with live data feed.

5. CMil527

CMil527 Full Access Member

Name:
    Craig
    Welcome Jeff!

6. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks all, I'm taking to a reputable shop for diagnosis. I'll post the outcome.

Thanks again!

swathdiver likes this.
  7. Bryders

Bryders TYF Newbie

Name:
    Brett
    any updates? What’d you find out?

8. kbuskill

kbuskill ***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!

Name:
    Ken
    Actually the traction control light will come on even with just a simple misfire. The truck automatically turns off traction control/stabilitrac when it senses a problem to take those control modules out of the equation thereby eliminating those as variables since the traction control/stabilitrac have the ability to pull timing.

9. LandRanger

LandRanger TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jeff
    I opted to have local shop perform the work of rebuilding the top end of the engine using a DOD delete kit from AMSRacing. Everything was on track until the old cam was removed which revealed galled cam bearings. I had the shirt block sent to Carolina Machine Engines who will rebuild the bottom end and return for reassembly. Knowing what I know now I would have sent the long block to CME given the engine has 180k miles on it and saved about $3K and 2 weeks of time. Local machine shops wouldn't provide a price and all claimed to be slammed with work. CME will do for $1K plus $275 round trip shopping in 2 weeks.

I will post an update when it gets done.

swathdiver likes this.
  10. Scottydoggs

Scottydoggs Full Access Member

Name:
    Scott
    could be clogged up cats with 180k on em. and you could have a bad wheel hub bearing causing the abs light.

the shop you go to hopefully has a scanner that can read abs codes, every time the abs light comes on it stores a code in history.