Dry start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this video on deleting the bypass..seems like an overall bad idea to trust everything on a <$10 filter..but at least u see what it would take to change it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Dude sounds like a Canadian version of the Adam ******* Water Boy

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Found this video on deleting the bypass..seems like an overall bad idea to trust everything on a <$10 filter..but at least u see what it would take to change it.

I know you posted it as a tutorial, but I feel it's worth mentioning that's a truly horrible idea for 99% of applications. It would have some use on custom oil systems or potentially race vehicles, but on a stocker, don't even think about it. Filters for these vehicles don't have a bypass valve. It's all fun and games until you shred the filter media

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you posted it as a tutorial, but I feel it's worth mentioning that's a truly horrible idea for 99% of applications. It would have some use on custom oil systems or potentially race vehicles, but on a stocker, don't even think about it. Filters for these vehicles don't have a bypass valve. It's all fun and games until you shred the filter media
Lol, that was the intent of my post. I wouldn't delete it by any means or recommend it. That filter is going to let someone down and shred their engine. Keep the bypass..

One thing I noticed is he depressed the bypass rather easily so I would test it and see if it moves freely or not before replacing. At least you would hae a baseline feel and if there is a difference and not a placebo effect.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the bypass valve supposed to be easy to depress like a PCV valve? Or is there supposed to be some resistance to it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu