Drop my Cadillac how much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Hi.

Have a 64 Series 62 4 dr/4 window and want to drop it in the front but I am not sure how low I should go? The car are stock otherwise but I think it's look to much grandma and grandpas go to town car.
I was looking around 2" to 3" lower springs but what do you guys say? Bags are out of the question, I am not in to it at all. As more analog we can go as better.
20190617_142408.jpg PSFix_20190622_091937.jpeg PSFix_20190622_093850.jpeg PSFix_20190622_094812.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Have a 64 Series 62 4 dr/4 window and want to drop it in the front but I am not sure how low I should go? The car are stock otherwise but I think it's look to much grandma and grandpas go to town car.
I was looking around 2" to 3" lower springs but what do you guys say? Bags are out of the question, I am not in to it at all. As more analog we can go as better.
View attachment 272992 View attachment 272993 View attachment 272994 View attachment 272995

Looks great, I would go zero inches of the drop in the front and rear! Gramps! ;)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi.

View attachment 272992 View attachment 272993 View attachment 272994 View attachment 272995
I agree with @swathdiver. I think it looks great the way it is.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Looks great, I would go zero inches of the drop in the front and rear! Gramps! ;)

I agree with @swathdiver. I think it looks great the way it is.

^^^^x3

That is a beautiful car as it stands now. If I had that car, I'd be out cruising every time that the weather allowed.

Why mess it up by trying to turn it into an urban crawler.

Thanks guys for the input. ☺ I will not cut the original springs, I will buy new ones if I would do anything, wouldn't ruin something on it.
I don't remember exactly but the Series 62 was around 13500 cars 64 and my have production number 842 so I will never go crazy with it, I guess that aren't many Series 62 left with lower number then mine.

And yes the car are used, I do have it as daily driver in the summer. ☺ I drive it to work and use it as it was maid for in the first place. Have cars standing just for showing off and see them as a jewelry are just silliness. I drive and smile with my cars. ☺

Lets hope for more inputs! ☺☺☺

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess whatever you're comfortable with but either would look good. Nice car and welcome to the classic Cadillac club.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. ☺ I will not cut the original springs, I will buy new ones if I would do anything, wouldn't ruin something on it.
I don't remember exactly but the Series 62 was around 13500 cars 64 and my have production number 842 so I will never go crazy with it, I guess that aren't many Series 62 left with lower number then mine.

And yes the car are used, I do have it as daily driver in the summer. ☺ I drive it to work and use it as it was maid for in the first place. Have cars standing just for showing off and see them as a jewelry are just silliness. I drive and smile with my cars. ☺

Lets hope for more inputs! ☺☺☺

The problem with dropping is the suspension was engineered by guys with a bunch of letters behind their names. When you change ride height, you change the way the car drives. I have seen a similar car with front fender skirts. I think they were custom made as I've never seen them otherwise. They were on a blue '64 Caddy and were bulged slightly to allow the car to turn. Unless you were looking from the front or rear, the bulge wasn't noticeable.

OP
OP
M123

M123

Viking
Reaction score
On bags and slammed to the ground

I guess whatever you're comfortable with but either would look good. Nice car and welcome to the classic Cadillac club.

The problem with dropping is the suspension was engineered by guys with a bunch of letters behind their names. When you change ride height, you change the way the car drives. I have seen a similar car with front fender skirts. I think they were custom made as I've never seen them otherwise. They were on a blue '64 Caddy and were bulged slightly to allow the car to turn. Unless you were looking from the front or rear, the bulge wasn't noticeable.

Already from the engineering table there was a big range with spring for the 64. There are 7 different front and 7 different for the rear so much can go wrong normally when you need swap out some suspension parts.

Anyway I see I have a bit different picture what's looking good on a car and even some friends didn't like the idea so maybe I will put this on ice for a while.

Thanks. ☺☺☺

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already from the engineering table there was a big range with spring for the 64. There are 7 different front and 7 different for the rear so much can go wrong normally when you need swap out some suspension parts.

Anyway I see I have a bit different picture what's looking good on a car and even some friends didn't like the idea so maybe I will put this on ice for a while.

Thanks. ☺☺☺
Take a pic of your rear suspension if you can. I assumed it was a simple 4-link design like my 67 but looks like it maybe a 2-link with a wish bone(ish) design. Still doable for any heights but may take more than just springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts