Driving a ppv tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
notice the right lane is in much worse shape than the left. Which is why you will see semis move to the left lane often. There are some serious potholes and cracks in the right lane especially between the Sedona turn off and Flag itself.

The right lane is wore out because of the Semis pounding it to shit over the last 50 years. If we quit giving tax dollars as foreign aide we could all have better roads here. Sorry but that's just me!!! You can't blame the truckers.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question on a ppv, what's the normal drop in suspension in general compared to a stock LT, I have a leveling kit on my LTZ and the "stance" of a PPV is starting to grow on me. Would yall say it's comparable to a 2/3 drop or a 4/6?

Matus Mrocek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The right lane is wore out because of the Semis pounding it to shit over the last 50 years. If we quit giving tax dollars as foreign aide we could all have better roads here. Sorry but that's just me!!! You can't blame the truckers.

Agreed, they keep patching it and and working on it every year but every winter the right lane gets hammered. Plus this winter has been especially bad for the roads, but great for Flag/Snowbowl. Lots of snow and visitors.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
question on a ppv, what's the normal drop in suspension in general compared to a stock LT, I have a leveling kit on my LTZ and the "stance" of a PPV is starting to grow on me. Would yall say it's comparable to a 2/3 drop or a 4/6?

To my knowledge the PPVs sit about 2" lower in the rear... that's it.

The trucks look lower because they run the smaller 17" wheels and tires.

Some guys on here have bought the PPVs and put the stock 20" LTZ wheels on them and you can hardly tell a difference over stock, as far as height is concerned.

It's basically a reverse leveling kit. Instead of lifting the front to match the rear, they lowered the rear to match the front.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Look I would agree with you guys most if not all of the time. The condition of the road was Smooth and without any issues to make a semi start swerving from one lane to.another. I did not see any coyotes, mule deer, or any other animals in the road to make him swerve. Why are we giving this guy every which way out of this. I was there. I reported what I had seen. Maybe as i was approaching in the high speed lane at a high speed it made his coke fall from the drink holder and spill in his lap. That caused him to look at me in his mirror and he had to switch lanes to keep the cup from falling on the floor and then when I got closer in the right lane he swerved back to keep the cup up right. WOW that was a great semi driver??

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I don't see a trucker intentionally roadblocking what they'd think was a LEO, and based on him changing lanes in short order, I'm gonna guess that there was a vehicle on the side of the road, accelerating to merge back onto the highway, and the trucker was doing the right thing by getting over to give them space to merge. You wouldn't see this from your perspective as you are only fixated on this "giant 18-wheeled inconvenience" in your way. But, just as you were swerving around the truck to the right, the vehicle that he got over for had quickly accelerated and posed no hurdle, so the trucker simply got back over in his "rightful" lane. Sounds like a case of bad timing and selfish short-temperment on your part.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
No there was no other vehicle. There was no on ramp. There was nothing in the road. No animals, nothing. Road was a strait section. Flat,clear the weather was nice, blue skys, no cloud cover, sun was not in his eyes etc. I analyzed everything while it took place. I took into consideration everything that would have been a outside the truck influance. I was looking for it too because I was about to pass I need to know just what he was seeing that I wasn't. The answer.... Nothing. It's not the first time this has happened and it probably wont be the last.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How I spent my Saturday afternoon. Not how I expected.

A friend of mine rolled his lifted Yukon XL on a blind corner, partially blocking the road. Anyone coming up wouldn’t have had any time to react. I had green lights for playing around in the woods. In this case it was a better warning than most anything else.

the game warden, deputy sheriff, then state trooper, never batted an eye.

Just around the corner.

14131C37-0986-43B1-82D6-3E5237E3EDE1.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How I spent my Saturday afternoon. Not how I expected.

A friend of mine rolled his lifted Yukon XL on a blind corner, partially blocking the road. Anyone coming up wouldn’t have had any time to react. I had green lights for playing around in the woods. In this case it was a better warning than most anything else.

the game warden, deputy sheriff, then state trooper, never batted an eye.

Just around the corner.

View attachment 259451
Green is allowed--no blue or red. Got a light bar in there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts