Drivetrain noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gerbil21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the oring for the rear abs sensors?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the oring for the rear abs sensors?
is yours missing? I am not sure I pinched the cable on my Silverado so I replaced it with a new one I think it came with a o-ring, that retaining bolt was super tight.
I think you can find a multi pack of o-rings in the "help" section at the autoparts store, then just pick one that fits

OP
OP
G

Gerbil21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is yours missing? I am not sure I pinched the cable on my Silverado so I replaced it with a new one I think it came with a o-ring, that retaining bolt was super tight.
I think you can find a multi pack of o-rings in the "help" section at the autoparts store, then just pick one that fits

I'll bring the sensor with me tomorrow and try to find one, the o ring I flat one one side and torn on the other, never leaked but still

Also not done with the swap yet have to get the u joints changed then it'll be pretty much wheels on, fluid and done. Haven't cracked the old one yet either but the abs sensors were coated in metal

20210103_034535.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gerbil21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been busy with work and haven't had much time to work on this but did get to crack the old diff open. Def full of metal, but surprisingly no obvious broken parts besides the excessive backslash as you can see in the video

20210111_134628.jpg 20210111_135758.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gerbil21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgot to update this but the used diff is in along with all new control arms and track bar, rides soooo much better, nice and smooth and much quieter, no more clunk going into reverse and no more noises.

I did see a few things I didn't like however, someone used a good bit of rtv and it was all inside the diff but it was easy to clean up, also the seller said it was a 3.73 g80, which it is a g80 however it has 342 written on the bottom . When I picked it up it was on a engine hoist so couldn't really see that spot under it.

Are there any tags on the diff that would state the ratio?

Also I did find one side gear with a little chunk missing. At that point I already had the driveshaft in on the ground and wasn't able to spin it to check the rest fully but so far no nosie.

If I were to take my old spider gears and swap em would I take the washers too or should I leave em?

20210112_195031.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh