Drivers Seat Back panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulb55

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the seat panel on the back of the drivers or passenger seat? The drivers side just fell off. I looked at the tabs and it seems that either a piece is missing or something broke...but I can't get it to stay on. had to pull an old seat back kick cover from our old car to keep it out of the lap of my son.
This is the 2nd fit/finish issue on our new gmc...not feeling the love right now.

SVL

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Dealer "fixed" it but it is now starting to fall off again. Just another one of the many fit/finish issues with these trucks.

OP
OP
P

paulb55

Reaction score
Please call the GM Service line. I got a call today with some comments I added to my last dealer visit and I'm getting some traction. I mentioned this and they said that its the first they have heard of it. Its nice to say, I'm aware of others...:)

dageaux1209

Reaction score
I had this same problem a few days ago with my 2015 Tahoe on the passenger side. I brought it in to my local dealer and they replaced the seat back with a new one under warranty. No questions asked. I would definitely ask the question assuming you are still under the bumper to bumper. I hope they resolve the issue quickly for you.

Ychang80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This may sound dumb but how will I know when the bumper to bumper warranty is expired?

Pohlease

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem with my passenger side. The lower part of the seat back uses thin clips that break off. The top part uses very beefy hooks that hook onto the metal frame. The weak lower clips break and allows the beefy upper clips to come unclipped. To fix it I drilled a hole in whatever was left of the lower clip and zip tied it to the seat frame near where it’s suppose to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyDriver2014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this problem with my passenger side. The lower part of the seat back uses thin clips that break off. The top part uses very beefy hooks that hook onto the metal frame. The weak lower clips break and allows the beefy upper clips to come unclipped. To fix it I drilled a hole in whatever was left of the lower clip and zip tied it to the seat frame near where it’s suppose to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the zip tie idea. Have the same problem with my 2014 Silverado WT.
Thinking also about using using some 2" Velcro to help to hold it together. Dealer want over ~$200.00 to fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts