Drivers front door doesn’t always unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landonz

Reaction score
I’ve been having issues with my drivers front door. It has a mind of its on and only unlocks half the time using the key fob. Has anyone experienced anything like this or know how to fix? Thank you!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been having issues with my drivers front door. It has a mind of its on and only unlocks half the time using the key fob. Has anyone experienced anything like this or know how to fix? Thank you!
Sounds like the actuator is going out.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue turned out to be the lock door trim was catching on the inside you can pop it off and see if that fixes your issue.

Attachments

• 81A9a69JWFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81A9a69JWFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 71ZU7JFJgmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71ZU7JFJgmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
L

Landonz

Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m thinking its the actuator. Took that trim piece off, still doesn’t do anything. Only way it will unlock or lock is if i pull it up or push down manually

jatkinson8755

Reaction score
soundsl ike a faulty door lock actuator motor. theres a ton of info on it here --

OP
OP
L

Landonz

Reaction score
soundsl ike a faulty door lock actuator motor. theres a ton of info on it here --

Awesome! Thank you! I received a new actuator in the mail today. Looks pretty simple with step by step directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep