Drivers door window replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might have bent the tracks so if you can get those out of the donor Id do it.

THOLL223

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to ask the obvious question here, but wouldn't this be covered by insurance, possibly by the comprehensive portion that doesn't require paying the deductible? I had a side window broken on my truck a long time ago, looked like someone shot it with a BB gun, and it was replaced by insurance.

Yeah and living in Commifornia, they don't like guns or giving you the right to defend yourself.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to ask the obvious question here, but wouldn't this be covered by insurance, possibly by the comprehensive portion that doesn't require paying the deductible? I had a side window broken on my truck a long time ago, looked like someone shot it with a BB gun, and it was replaced by insurance.

Yeah and living in Commifornia, they don't like guns or giving you the right to defend yourself.
My insurance told me that because it’s a hit and run and they don’t have the info of the other party to go after him, I have to pay my $500 deductible. I just don’t have that right now because my grandparents are in sort of a medical crisis and I’m flying back to New England this week to help take care of them. So I just don’t have the extra money for that. Plus I didn’t think I should have to pay out on a deductible for something that wasn’t my fault. Plus, I also can’t wait around for my instances to get a glass company to fix my truck when I got it done yesterday. I’m a detailer and I rely on my Denali to be able to work. I can’t have all the gear that I’ve invested a lot of money in, sitting in my Denali and not have it be secured. I just plain don’t have the time to sit around and wait for insurance to get their shit together and get my truck fixed.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it is not going up and down all the way then the glass is probably not lined up correctly, try unbolting the glass and/or regulator and see if you can move it forward or backward and tighten it back up sounds like it is probably binding up somewhere

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glass is in and rolled all the way up for now til I have time to pull it back apart later. And the good part is that it matches my passenger side glass tint wise so it’s my all out of whack.... lol. It cleaned up pretty well and there’s no major clacrstches in it which makes me happy. Of course I had to clay, polish it, and seal it with CG JetSeal...... lol

9F7ADBE3-A338-4222-87F5-7505676F736C.jpeg 6C00213E-6A1C-493F-8A89-C6AE64205A73.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had time tonight to pull my door back apart and figure out what was going on, since I had use of a garage and didn’t have to worry about doing this outside in the dark. That was a major plus! Lol. So I’m an idiot..... when I put the new regulator in, one side got bolted in to the wrong holes in the door and that side was crooked. So it wasn’t going up and down on the right line. And then wait.... I’m even more of an idiot. I put the piece of felt liner that goes in between the window and the door panel on backwards, and so it was preventing the window from moving correctly. Needless to say I’m glad I figured this out and it works as it should! To the jack hole that broke it.... suck it!!! Cuz I’m more badass than you and I fixed it!! Lol
This is the piece that took me a few minutes to figure out how it goes back in correctly: DOH!!!!

18B44DB9-836C-429D-9C58-37F39E6C5B17.jpeg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome work, Chase. Glad you kicked it's ass and didn't give up. Sounds like you just needed a good place to work on it and not have so much pressure on you. And I guarantee that douche can't fix a damn thing that idiot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos