Drivers door window replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The mere presence of staring down the barrel of a 1911 might have prevented that unfortunate outcome Chase. But giving the guy a case of lead poisoning is frowned upon by the Communists who run your state. They only want the government to do that so become totally informed on what you can and cannot do.

Glad you are alright, now get a dash cam after that glass is replaced.
Like x10,000!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Chase. Hope you’re ok bud. Google how to replace that glass. I haven’t done mine but usually it involves removing 2 small bolts , prolly 10 mm, and then turning the glass sideways as you lift it up so it clears.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO I pulled my door panel apart this morning so I could clean all the broken glass out of the door. Turns out not only did this piece of S**T break my window he manages to break the whole tray that the window slides up and down on! I’m so upset right now! And I have no idea how to replace the tray piece! Ugh......

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO I pulled my door panel apart this morning so I could clean all the broken glass out of the door. Turns out not only did this piece of S**T break my window he manages to break the whole tray that the window slides up and down on! I’m so upset right now! And I have no idea how to replace the tray piece! Ugh......
Take a couple pictures so we know what you're talking about. Are you meaning the regulator? We need pics, Chase. We can help.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what the piece is called. But when I push the window button the two pieces where the bolts are that hold the glass it only moves like an inch, if that, and then gets stuck. I can’t get very good photos of it because it’s inside the door. I’ll post what I took though.

13078BFF-B099-4342-A373-8D948D83ECB9.jpeg 3C738F32-225E-4754-93CE-1D32BD6A457C.jpeg F03171BC-27FF-4738-8C8E-5D5692E378BE.jpeg

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where the tray is supposed slide down and I should be able to access the bolts from here. But it won’t go that far. So I’m assuming it’s because it’s bent out of shape or not on the right path to slide up and down.

31E37041-15EF-4239-A51E-B06E3649E177.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like part of the window regulator, the mechanism that moves the window up and down. It's probably just off the track or not lined up right because the glass used to keep it in line from side to side. Like I said, I haven't messed with the regulators on these trucks but many others here have. You can try googling "window regulator ( or window glass) replacement 2006 Yukon" or similar and look for YouTube videos. Or hopefully someone here will chime in. I would assume that since it was hit from the outside with a lot of force, it shoved it out of the tracks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, if there's pieces of glass inside the channel it won't move either. Try using a pointed tool or screwdriver to clear all the glass from the tracks.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like part of the window regulator, the mechanism that moves the window up and down. It's probably just off the track or not lined up right because the glass used to keep it in line from side to side. Like I said, I haven't messed with the regulators on these trucks but many others here have. You can try googling "window regulator ( or window glass) replacement 2006 Yukon" or similar and look for YouTube videos. Or hopefully someone here will chime in. I would assume that since it was hit from the outside with a lot of force, it shoved it out of the tracks.
Weirdly enough, he grabbed my window from the outside and pulled it out. Freakin crazy! Anyways, I bought a new regulator from NAPA, and found a donor 2002 LT tahoe that has both front windows intact. I grabbed both sides just in case one didn’t match my passenger side. Lol. It’s oretty damn close! Anyways, I put the new regulator in, and new glass in, AFTER CLEARING ALL THE BROKEN GLASS OUT, but it doesn’t go up and down all the way. Something isn’t right and I can’t figure out why..... finished up in the dark, so I’ll post some shots in the morning. Had to button everything up but I will have to dig into it again. But for now there’s a window rolled all the way up in place! Ugh.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14