Driver Window switch not working??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Reading through this thread and I am having intermittent issues with just the drivers side window. The passenger window rolls down with express. The rear windows roll down to their 1/2 way point. The rear window roll up while you hold the switch. The passenger window rolls up while holding the switch.

The main problem is the drivers window. Sometimes there is no action immediately when I hold down the switch. Sometimes I have to give it a couple depress actions to get it to roll down while I hold it (no express down). It seems at this point express down is not working properly. There is no noticeable click when I roll it down. It does roll up as it should. There of course is no express up option here.

Per above posts, can just the switch inside the entire unit be replaced or are we looking at an entire new assembly? I could not find just a switch listed anywhere to replace as what was found was the entire assembly for replacement.

@05Single

You ever have any luck with this/solutions from your electrical/lighting knowledge?
All issues sound like switch issues to me. And yes you have the buy the entire 4 switch assembly, cant buy just one switch. Mayeb you can bust open the switch and solder some things but ive never heard of it being done.

And regulators either work or they dont, they won't work intermittently as far as my experience. They will become very slow before failing and that's a warning sign of things to come. So when your window does roll down its normal speed then you know theres only one other factor and that's back to the switch.

You might want to pop off the door panel and check the connector at the regulator to see if its loose. Maybe after bouncing around it became loose or got a little water on it and it's a bad connection.

Those are just my guesses:think:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx that info. What if I popped off the passenger switch assembly just to test?

Hmm... but likely may not work due to the difference in a 1 switch and 4 switch harness?

Been fearing the entire assembly... grrr. Wanted to get a junkyard unit but the vultures clean those out quick.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Reading through this thread and I am having intermittent issues with just the drivers side window. The passenger window rolls down with express. The rear windows roll down to their 1/2 way point. The rear window roll up while you hold the switch. The passenger window rolls up while holding the switch.

The main problem is the drivers window. Sometimes there is no action immediately when I hold down the switch. Sometimes I have to give it a couple depress actions to get it to roll down while I hold it (no express down). It seems at this point express down is not working properly. There is no noticeable click when I roll it down. It does roll up as it should. There of course is no express up option here.

Per above posts, can just the switch inside the entire unit be replaced or are we looking at an entire new assembly? I could not find just a switch listed anywhere to replace as what was found was the entire assembly for replacement.

@05Single

You ever have any luck with this/solutions from your electrical/lighting knowledge?
I had a similar situation. I took apart the complete assembly and noticed a contact looked a little corroded, so I just cleaned it up. It's been working great ever since.20180608_162915.jpg 20180608_163205.jpg 20180608_163058.jpgreally easy to take apart. Noticed all this when I grabbed a powerfold setup.20180608_164326.jpg

Chocho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so I have the same issue with my 02 Tahoe . Driver's window stopped working and didn't even hear a click when I pushed the button up or down. All the other windows work as they should . I just replaced the window track and motor and still nothing. I even used the window switch off my buddies 02 Tahoe and nothing. I also used my switch on his truck and my switches works fine on his . This is really annoying and just want my window to work again lol. Anyone else have any ideas???

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar situation.

Driver’s window would not express and became difficult to roll down.

I disassembled like Tony shows above. Electronic cleaner sprayed boards, checked plugs and wires in door. Nothing noticeably out of ordinary.

No change on driver’s window ops. Still multiple button pushes and no express. Now unlock on driver’s door not working. Lock and unlock works by key fob and when engage from P to R and D. May be unrelated but driver’s mirror still not working.

May be mirror motor issue or related to switch. Passenger mirror works.

I do not have power fold as mine is LS.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My manual says to check the fuse & circuit breaker. It says there might be also a relay.

See if you can read this Power Window System schematic.

(Update.... ugh.... seems too small to read. ( maybe print it ?)
If someone wants to read it, I could take pics of sections and make it easier to read.

Yukon scematic Pwr Wndow.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts