Driver Switch problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyDenaliDelilah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 Yukon Denali

I recently had to replace my driver side mirror. Job was simple as they could make it. I put everything back together and my driver window will no longer roll up. I sent 12v directly to the window motor. Getting it to raise and close. The switch will not lower the window now. I checked the wiring harnesses and everything seems to be good order. No popped etc. I pulled the switch apart and check all the contacts and switch operation. I cleaned them all with contact cleaner anyway. Reassembled the switch. Still nothing. Now I can use it to open all the other windows, move my mirror, unlock and lock doors, and the child safety button works. Someone please help!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Was the replacement mirror an exact replacement (same year and model)?

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SWAG Maybe blow a fuse?

If you use your external 12v to roll it down, can you roll it UP with the OE wiring by using the switch?

EDIT: I'd be checking the motor wiring connectors for bent pins, and then for voltage using the switch. Test light or VOM.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

Was the replacement window an exact replacement (same year and model)?

I think you meant the replacement mirror.