Driver Info. Screen Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure those are Tahoe's and not Denalis or escalades?
My 2004 & 2005 Silverados had Driver 1/2 fobs as well. Never got it to do anything so not sure if it was a setting or they just default to having 1&2 printed on all their FOBs to reduce part numbers. I was the only one who drove it so didn’t care if it worked or not.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if '05 is the same, but on my '04 the first FOB programmed to the truck is Driver 1, no matter how the FOB is labeled (and mine shows Driver 1 on the DIC, as long as I unlock with that FOB). Next one that you program is Driver 2, etc. in sequence. All the FOBs must be programmed at the same time, since initiating the FOB learn wipes out the existing FOB programming.

My keys aren't chip keys so the truck knows the Driver number only by the FOB that was [EDIT] LAST used to unlock. You should be able to turn on/off the automatic seat and mirror position action in the DIC.

Last edited:
OP
OP
318hoe

318hoe

Reaction score
Not sure if '05 is the same, but on my '04 the first FOB programmed to the truck is Driver 1, no matter how the FOB is labeled (and mine shows Driver 1 on the DIC, as long as I unlock with that FOB). Next one that you program is Driver 2, etc. in sequence. All the FOBs must be programmed at the same time, since initiating the FOB learn wipes out the existing FOB programming.

My keys aren't chip keys so the truck knows the Driver number only by the FOB that was [EDIT] LAST used to unlock. You should be able to turn on/off the automatic seat and mirror position action in the DIC.
I know having that as a feature isn't anything that crazy or whatever, but i wish my 05 did it haha i feel like it'd be more of a novelty than anything, since I'm the main driver in mine.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know having that as a feature isn't anything that crazy or whatever, but i wish my 05 did it haha i feel like it'd be more of a novelty than anything, since I'm the main driver in mine.

Same here. I turned off the auto seat position in the DIC, but every once in a while my fat finger hits the button on the door panel and it scares the crap out of me when the seat starts moving.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Same here. I turned off the auto seat position in the DIC, but every once in a while my fat finger hits the button on the door panel and it scares the crap out of me when the seat starts moving.

I just set my stuff to both drivers. Hit my buttons and nothing moves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14