Drive line CLUNK and FIX!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YAMBAG

Reaction score
Thanks once again SunLitComet. Just bought a yoke from Fort Wayne. They know their stuff. Found the right part and was $100 cheaper than GMPARTS DIRECT. Now if I could only get my money back from GMPARTS DIRECT for the wrong part they sold me.

How did you make out with the new part? Did it fix your issues?

Woodse

Reaction score
Sticky yoke

I will install when I return home with the vehicle labor day. I have trust in just talking with the guys at Fort Wayne. GMPARTS Direct on the other hand.....Ill never return to their site. Future.. just ask SunLitComet

TAHOE1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine did the same thing and also was told to get a $350 nickel plated yoke

Woodse

Reaction score
Go to Fort Wayne Drive Shaft- Couple Hundred with U joint

Woodse

Reaction score
Yea! I had the replacement yoke installed on my driveshaft yesterday and I installed the driveshaft without greasing the yoke and no clunk! Amazing realizing how annoying the clunk was after its gone. Now to figure out red or blue transfer case fluid, tag reads New Process, 246 GM, 1503 7551, serial#05-13 99A2, ratio 272. And GMParts Direct found religion and accept my dispute claim with Visa for sending me the stock yoke. Thanks again sunlitcomet.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So please help us out some more. What was the part number and where did you get it. Any advise on the install.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
So please help us out some more. What was the part number and where did you get it. Any advise on the install.

post #36 above for location and part info. would advise using a new seal if possible on the tranny/t-case were the yoke enters to avoid the old go bad quicker then it might have.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copy that. I will call them on Friday.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Copy that. I will call them on Friday.

Thanks sunlit.

Woodse

Reaction score
No more clunk, pulled the camper up to Lime rock for the vintage races. Sad loss of life as one racer rolled an old MG. Anyway I have a hum noise now and wonder if the Driveshaft is out of balance.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is thank goodness for this forum. I too have experienced this drivetrain clunk for the past 2 years. It drove me nuts...until today. I had the transfer case fluid replaced with ACDelco Auto Trak II and boom, noise immediately GONE. Plain old red (tranny?) fluid was in it before as I saw the technician drain it. If you are at all unsure about what fluid is in there, go have it changed with Auto Trak II and NOTHING else (for Auto 4WD). The car just seems to drive better and more solid now. Can't believe that $25 in fluid and $35 in labor resolved this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie