Dream Garages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just perused the Big Party Garage....looks nice :waytogo: ....And yes I just looked at the pics. Don't care to read the comments and such @yates ™ :slap:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gots plans..in my head.. work, life, money, and of course my beautiful wife and 3 kiddos must come first.... meh, whatever

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gots plans..in my head.. work, life, money, and of course my beautiful wife and 3 kiddos must come first.... meh, whatever
Same here but I will likely have another garage in the next few years, we are out of room as it is now. I won't, sadly, have one of the cool ones that anyone cares about though :(

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My long term plan is to find land relatively close to me (maybe 5-10 acres or so) and put a shop on that. I hope to have the land possibly purchased in the next 5 years or so and build on it after that. We'll see how it all shapes out with the same conditions @Galante already pointed out exist for me, as well. It'll happen but the timeline for it heavily depends on family and the unforeseen stuff that may crop up over the next few years.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My long term plan is to find land relatively close to me (maybe 5-10 acres or so) and put a shop on that. I hope to have the land possibly purchased in the next 5 years or so and build on it after that. We'll see how it all shapes out with the same conditions @Galante already pointed out exist for me, as well. It'll happen but the timeline for it heavily depends on family and the unforeseen stuff that may crop up over the next few years.
So do you form your own HOA or latch on to the closest one?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do you form your own HOA or latch on to the closest one?
I'm within just a couple of miles of some really rural areas free from any HOA so I won't have to worry about that nonsense with this shop I've got rattling around in my head.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm within just a couple of miles of some really rural areas free from any HOA so I won't have to worry about that nonsense with this shop I've got rattling around in my head.
But I thought an HOA was the cat's pajamas?

linda-in-pajamas-1-.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never said any of that :rolleyes:

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anywho. Garage threads. Anyone else have any?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like hearing peoples building stories so heres my little story...Wife and i owned a small 2 bed 1 bath hse in a town not to far where we are now, back in 99 we bought 3.75ish acres in a better town-people, schools, etc- and sat on it for a while... in the meantime at the old house i had a small 1/2 car detached with overhead elec from the house.... complete eyesore/piece o' crap but my tools, bikes and compressor fit so it was good enough. Decided to make it bigger so I submitted plans and so it wouldnt be a 'new' structure and just an 'addition' i said i was going to leave 1 wall up and blow out the other side. Had the pad poured prior to all this 'permit' crap and ended up building a 1 1/2 car which was biggest i could go without town, neighbors, etc looking at it/me left right and sideways...buried elec, built the garage, magically got it passed and got a c.o. and elec c.o. So now i have a place for 1 car, bikes, tools etc and a place to work on stuff. Big enough to fit my full size '89 dodge pickup w250 with plow mounted and still move around with harleys, tools, etc. actually ended up taking that little garage and moving it to my inlaws house and put it back together.....

anyway, we started working on a family and after a few miscarriages we got it done and started building on the property....spring of '06...she prob went thru 200 house plans mags and found one, took to an architect and tweaked a bunch of things and we were off and running...i wanted a 3 car garage but was talked out of it, still pissed about that, 9 foot celings, 9 foot basement ceilings.... talked out of it all....im still pissed about that too....i was g.c.ing the whole thing and in the process ... Mid way thru... she went into the hospital...2 mths bedridden because of complications..... in a hosp about an 1 1/2 hrs away.... trying to sell my other house, regular work, staying in hosp with the wife and trying to get the house done i needed help. A family friend helped and kind of took over and shit fell apart...there was supposed to to be some cement pads porued for my detached shop/garage/apartment and a garden shed and a pool.... none of which happened...my daughter came month and a half early and we moved in 1 month later, oct 16th of '06. I still dont have my garage and shed and I settled for an above ground pool that i put a deck all the way around so it'll do. Its been fine for the las 8 yrs, whatever.

Wife has been talking about a bigger laundry/mud room ......hehe ....when that happens my detached will be put up..... when i get the time and money.... there maynot be an apartment or it wont be as big as i want but its gonna happen....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe