Dreaded rear windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could quote the 15 min of George Carlin here I would.

Finally home after a crap show of a trip. What else can go wrong... I’ll tell ya. The damn rear door windows! They both have been rattling when open since I got the truck. Now one of em ain’t going up. I know what’s the case for that.

Does anyone know how to fix the rattle? Is it just the window scrap thingie do dad?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rattle might be the inner window seal (right below where someone might rest their forearm with the window down). It is a Z shaped rubber thingy. If you have the window partially up and take a hold of it, push and pulling on the top of the glass you can see that seal compressing and expanding. It's pretty straight forward to replace (or install if not there).

On the window not going up, is it dead on both the drivers and door specific switch?

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rattle might be the inner window seal (right below where someone might rest their forearm with the window down). It is a Z shaped rubber thingy. If you have the window partially up and take a hold of it, push and pulling on the top of the glass you can see that seal compressing and expanding. It's pretty straight forward to replace (or install if not there).

On the window not going up, is it dead on both the drivers and door specific switch?
The passenger window switch crapped put, managed to jump the wires and get the window up.
The sweeps look fine, will pull the panels off to see what’s loose in the coming days.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger window switch crapped put, managed to jump the wires and get the window up.
The sweeps look fine, will pull the panels off to see what’s loose in the coming days.
So you jumped the motor directly and it went up /down? I did this for my front passenger but the switch only clicks so I’m leaning in the direction of the switch. But wouldn’t the master be able to control it?

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you jumped the motor directly and it went up /down? I did this for my front passenger but the switch only clicks so I’m leaning in the direction of the switch. But wouldn’t the master be able to control it?
The window wouldn’t go up with either switch. Had no power going to it. Found the wire going to the window was cut and used for something else while it was in service. Once I repaired the wire all is good. Well at least for it working again, the rattle is still there, haven’t messed with the sweeps etc. been using the ac!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01