Double din stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I think dd units without a CD player will fit without removal of that inner dash brace. the unit isn't as deep since it doesn't incorporate a CD.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason you cut the rear piece is almost never because of the size of the head unit, its because the design on the back where the wires plug in. The RCA plugs, or the wiring harness is just usually in a spot where it interferes with that brace. If that brace comes within 1/4" of your wiring you should cut it out. If those wires touch that brace or even worse are pushing against it, that will cause distortion, or electrical whine.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how the NBS is, but on my '08, I had to drill a hole in the plastic wall at the back of the radio to let one of the wires fit through. I think it was the USB. It was one that had a deep end on it that couldn't bend so it hit the wall before the radio was fully inserted. I just took some careful measurements, carved out a hole with the drill and body saw, routed the USB cable through it, plugged it into the HU and slid the HU in place.

temper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never said it had navigation. Not even in my reply that you quoted.

A skimming/reading comprehension failure on my part. Completely missed the "other than" in your post. Funny thing is, I'm reading through the thread again ~6 weeks later as if I'm reading it for the first time. I read your post just fine this time and saw that someone asked "are you sure it has nav" and I'm thinking "no you idiot, he said it doesn't", then looked and saw my username next to the post.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A skimming/reading comprehension failure on my part. Completely missed the "other than" in your post. Funny thing is, I'm reading through the thread again ~6 weeks later as if I'm reading it for the first time. I read your post just fine this time...

Ain't nuttin, bro.

The "Not even in my reply that you quoted" part was intended to be sarcastically rhetorical.

Anyway, I'm SO glad that, after almost four months, you and I FINALLY have an understanding on this and we can both progress in life! Man, Thanksgiving and Christmas would've been so much more cheerful had this not been weighing on my dark, smartass soul...

...and saw that someone asked "are you sure it has nav" and I'm thinking "no you idiot, he said it doesn't", then looked and saw my username next to the post.

Lol
Hit that egg nog kinda hard, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins