Doors won't unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whether I use remote or door controls, the passenger side doors won't unlock. You can see them budge like the electrical part is working. What should I look for first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than likely the rods that go from the door lock actuator to the lock by the door handle are sticking in the plastic clips. They are originally lubed with i believe white lithium grease, they get gummed up with dirt and crud over the years.
Take the door panel off and look for the white clips that the rods snap into and remove them. Clean them up and relube with a light coat of white lithium grease. If you've never removed the door panel, I'm sure there's info on how to do it on here or in a YouTube video. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! I'll let you know how it goes!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it both passenger side doors?

Does repeatedly hitting the unlock button slowly raise the lock tab in the door

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neither of my inside door lock buttons work. I suppose I'll end up removing the door cards to see if I can work on the switches to clean them up. If that's not doable, then the search for new switches will commence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT