Doors locked by itself with keys inside.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright fellas I need some help. I got home from work around 4 am and park my tahoe in my gated back yard like usual and like usual I left my keys in the ignition because no one can open my giant 6ft high gate unless you have a remote. But I closed the driver side door and walked over to the passenger side to get my stuff and when I closed that door and got about 10 feet away I heard the truck beep and went back and it had locked the doors on its own?!?!!! Ive only had the truck a little over a month so both my key fobs are in there (stupid me I know..) I can find a way to unlock my door thats not a problem my question is why did the truck lock on its own? Has anyone else ever had this issue?

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that to me. Had to turn the auto lock off in the dash settings.

OP
OP
Markz

Markz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Call On Star they can unlock it for you.
Im not paying for the onstar service. I already got my keys out i broke into my truck its surprisingly way to easy... I went in and checked my auto lock setting and it was on but it wierd because ive always had it off and i havent touched setting

DougEfresh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im not paying for the onstar service. I already got my keys out i broke into my truck its surprisingly way to easy... I went in and checked my auto lock setting and it was on but it wierd because ive always had it off and i havent touched setting
This literally just happened to me and I'm 2 hours from home.... how did you get into the truck??

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This literally just happened to me and I'm 2 hours from home.... how did you get into the truck??

Might see if there is a local locksmith.

Otherwise you might see if you can get a rod down inside the door and hit the unlock button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts