Door handle broke on Driver Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Well my exterior Drivers side door handle decided to snap around the edges today. So now everytime i pull the handle the whole part of the trim around it pulls away from the door also. I see these handles on ebay all the time for replacement but i have no clue on how to get it off, And how would you replace the lock so your key will still work with it?

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the trim panel off. Basically you pop off the trim ring around the inner door handle, the trim cap behind the mirror and the window/lock switch/tweeter unit. Make sure the window is up and then unplug the switches. A small standard screwdriver might help with this. Then pull the door trim panel out until the clips are clear and then pull up. Door panel is held onto door shell with two piece plastic clips. Once the trim panel is off remove the vapor barrior toward the rear of the door. Remove the bolts to the door lock located on the jamb of the door. This will make installation much easier. Disconnect the rods going to the handle and the lock cyl and remove the handle. Install your old lock cyl in your new handle and install handle in door. Put everything back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2