Door gasket seal thing sagging, how to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlepage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon. On the passenger side, both the front and rear door gasket seal things are sagging.

I'm talking about when you open the doors, the rubber along the bottom, it is affixed on both sides but has come loose in the middle, so sags. When you close the door, it sticks out.

See attached images.

Probably this is from being stepped on and pulled over the years. Is this a common problem?

I've inquired how much to fix at a shop, but it's $$$. So my question is, how can I fix this myself? Any suggestions?

Or is there a cheap place I could order a replacement seal that won't cost super $$$ (shipping to Ontario Canada)?

Attachments

• IMG_20150805_143112.jpg
    IMG_20150805_143112.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20150805_143139.jpg
    IMG_20150805_143139.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
M

mlepage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah but what is that piece? Is it "door weatherstrip"? It's not along the top, it's along the bottom.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

OK if I look here http://www.lmctruck.com/features/ce/ce9d5.htm it's parts 3 and 6 on the image. But they are $69 each, that's pretty expensive for a piece of rubber. I'd appreciate it if someone could find this part cheaper for me.

CE9D5.jpg

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mlepage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw that window scraper seal too. I think it's the ones that seal the base of the window, where the window goes into the door. They sort of scrape the window clean to remove moisture as the window retracts.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I think I see them here as parts 3 and 6: http://www.lmctruck.com/features/ce/ce9d5.htm

CE9D5.jpg

But the price is $69, which will be higher in CAD, then shipping.

I'm thinking if RockAuto has them, it should be more around $29. It's just s single piece of rubber.

OP
OP
M

mlepage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about just cutting them off and toss in the trash, are they really that important?

I am not sure how important they are. Either they keep stuff from splashing up from the bottom, or they keep stuff from dripping down from the top and following the body, helping to direct them outward onto the running board.

I'm going to try to fix the front one, with super glue and goop.

OP
OP
M

mlepage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a thick gel superglue on the front one and it seems to be holding well enough. If not, I'll add more superglue, and goop.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M Weatherstrip Adhesive if the "superglue and goop" doesn't work. It's what I use when I redo all the seals on older cars.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon. On the passenger side, both the front and rear door gasket seal things are sagging.

I'm talking about when you open the doors, the rubber along the bottom, it is affixed on both sides but has come loose in the middle, so sags. When you close the door, it sticks out.

See attached images.

Probably this is from being stepped on and pulled over the years. Is this a common problem?

I've inquired how much to fix at a shop, but it's $$$. So my question is, how can I fix this myself? Any suggestions?

Or is there a cheap place I could order a replacement seal that won't cost super $$$ (shipping to Ontario Canada)?

Help please. Need part# for this weather-stripping. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33