Don't always trust your mechanic, fixed my "blown" engine for $7.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The title of the video should be don't trust the sales man, lol
I honestly thought he might've tried to do the right thing--for his channel anyway. I do(did) work for alot of used car dealers, and alot of them are the stereo typical used car dealers.
Whomever gets that Denali will have an almost new 6.2.

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly thought he might've tried to do the right thing--for his channel anyway. I do work for alot of used car dealers, and alot of them are the stereo typical used car dealers.
Whomever gets that Denali will have an almost new 6.2.

I believe he can rightfully increase the price to above book value this time around. Maybe it's a win win. He can earn some extra profit in addition to covering his expenses.

Hope it works out better for him rather than selling for the exact same price while having to basically rebuild the top end for free.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I believe he can rightfully increase the price to above book value this time around. Maybe it's a win win. He can earn some extra profit in addition to covering his expenses.

Hope it works out better for him rather than selling for the exact same price while having to basically rebuild the top end for free.
Not just the top end, he put in a new cam too.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the stabilitrack and abs lights, check the plug above the driver side rear shock. I replaced the shocks on the avalanche and that plug somehow came loose. It’s a common thing, even though I wasn’t touching it. I can’t remember the exact location, just up high on driver side.

OP
OP

73TA

Reaction score
Good call on the plug, another post mentioned that I probably won't get the abs and stablitrac to go off by replacing the oil pressure. Going to replace the switch tomorrow and check for the connections on the suspension.

Thanks
Guys

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 30K miles ago, with about 95K on the clock, with our 5.3L 2007 Yukon, I noticed a low idle miss. The dealer debug started with the PCV and along the way found it didn't have the valve cover upgrade. They did some more diagnostics and determined I was getting some oiling on a plug primarily due to a piston ring issue.

GM paid for all the parts (new valve cover, 8 pistons, 8 ring sets, etc., etc. etc.) My dealer installed it all very cost effectively for me. Great support from GM. Zero issues since, runs like a top.

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Are you telling me that your well out of warranty Yukon had this issue and GM paid for the parts? I'm confused. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu