Don`t Settle!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started a survey in the drivetrain section about this. It's not a great way to do a survey.... But when you join the club you'll understand the negativity and frustration of dealing with an immobile beast that is GM. I've been a bowtie guy as long as I can remember. This was my first new car purchase and for 8600 miles, I loved it. It fits my whole family and gear for a weekend without bursting at the seams. I also have a 2010 silverado with a 5.3 that still runs perfect at 180,000 miles with minimal replacement (throttle body, tires, brakes, new pinion seal)....THATS IT! My immediate family have over 600K on this motor combined (first one over 300K!)....has never left any of them stranded.

Is it too much to ask for a brand new car to get you from point A to B? Moreover, the handling of the issue after is unbelievable. I have had better service from an insurance company, the DMV, the postal service. As the TSB states, >8000 miles, only fix the single bank. Either they are confident it will go past the warranty period before the other sides to take a dump or they don't want to double their wait time for parts for everyone and have people filing lemon lawsuits everywhere.

I asked the dealer to ask to replace both. They claim they did ask corporate. GM claims they never did and customer service rep made it seem as if "they would have considered it (ya right) had they heard the request." When I picked it up, service rep told me, "Ya, we had another one and guy came back within a week for the other side." It's a grenade with the pin pulled....when will she blow? Probably when it's -30 in a snowstorm here.

GM has yet to answer if this is a design issue or a parts issue (as numerous forums/reports have stated that it is parts from time period X-->Y). At this point, GM has a long way to go to restore my confidence in this vehicle and their ability to actually provide meaningful customer service other than "I understand how you feel."

More to come. I'll update when this all shakes out.
disconnect the hood module it will run v8 all the time.... this is how we disable auto stop yes it will disable remote start but who uses that crap anyways you can always install a manual override switch...

Last edited:

2011TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a general opinion here...I`ve seen so much discussion about the 2021 and 2022 models that don`t sound positive. Lots of mechanical issues, and they are very expensive. With the chip and other shortages many seem to be willing to take what they can. I`ll be in the market for a new vehicle soon, but unless my Denali takes a dump, I`m not going to pay a premium for a de-contented vehicle. But if you need a ride, I guess you have no choice.
I can empathize with the people experiencing issues. As with any product you are playing Russian Roulette with the good and bad. I have a 2021 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2 3/31/2021 build date with zero problems….over 8,600 miles including a round trip between NY and FL. However, my 2017 Yukon Denali was plagued with rattles and engine and idling issues.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lemon lawed my first 21 Yukon (build month June 2020) and traded it in for another 21 Yukon. My 2nd is hands down better than the first. My build month for 2nd is June 2021. GM is improving quality from the early builds.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I saw it posted on here but now can’t find it. What’s the date range affected per the TSB? Where do I find the actual TSB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu