Dome light switch when doors open for 07-14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In our 2007 Suburban, the dome lights come on as expected for all doors except the passenger front door. So I know it's the dome light switch on THAT door but where is the switch? Is it located in the door latch itself, possibly? In previous generations the switch was external to the door but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Maybe someone like @fiatdale has run into this before :hmm:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought the switch was part of the hinge mechanism. It could that that black plastic piece.........

edit. that must be the Fords

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the latch dummy
:( Well, that's a MUCH larger pain in the ass than in previous generations of full size suv. It may just stay broke for a while LOL

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought the switch was part of the hinge mechanism. It could that that black plastic piece.........

edit. that must be the Fords

Way back in the day it use to be a black pin in the door near the hinge. Since the NBS it's been in he latch. Sometimes it can come loose and just need to be tightened. Especially when someone like @07Burb slams his door like the fist of an angry god...

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way back in the day it use to be a black pin in the door near the hinge. Since the NBS it's been in he latch. Sometimes it can come loose and just need to be tightened. Especially when someone like @07Burb slams his door like the fist of an angry god...
damn.jpg

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score

Lol so what Nathan saying you slammed your driver door so much, it won't open anymore. You have to use the passenger door to get in and out but it's already showing signs of failing

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late to this party.... Latch amigo!
I'm assuming you've probably fixed this before...is it a big pain in the ass? Also, I've been searching for door latches on Rock Auto and such and can't find one. Do you know the GM part number?