Doing audio build in 2020 tahoe none bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just grabbed a new 2020 tahoe. Going to be putting in a big audio system. Will be keeping stock hu adding a lc8i adding a few amps after that, subs as well and replacing stock speakers.

I have not pulled the doors off yet and can't find any real definite info on what sizes the speakers are. I have 6 speaker non bose system. I. Sure the front dash are what 3 or 3.5?
Front doors and rear doors? Any one know those stock non bose sizes? Seems like maybe 6x9 in front doors but I can't tell.

Has anyone put a big system in any of these newer trucks? I am going to be roughly around 12k watts after this install.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had new speakers, amps and sub put in my callaway tahoe, used Sinfoni Eroiko MK2 front components, 6 1/2" in front doors and 1" tweeter in dash, used Audio Development AD6CX rear coaxials 6 1/2" in rear doors, JL Audio Stealthbox subwoofer/enclosure to replace the poor stock sub, Audio Development 3.5" coaxial for center channel and rear of truck for fill. Amps fit in the rear where jack is so system looks 100% factory, until you turn it on, could not be more pleased, great bass without boxes in the back of the truck, and music like you have not heard before. :)

OP
OP
S

Steve1985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I'm hoping to start this soon. The Gear is starting to pile up in the closet and garage lol. Hopefully I'll hit above 150 db.

Did you use a loc ? I'm trying to figure out right now if either front doors or rear doors are full range.. so I can snag a signal for the lc8i.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
I believe they are. I had my system installed by a shop but i can tell they used the factory speaker wires to go into the jl audio cleansweep processor before the amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts