Does the winter/cold weather delay shift points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SpThomass

SpThomass

Reaction score
I’ve tried to let it warm up while idling, and it gets to about operating temperature (about 10-20 degrees below it) and that doesn’t help either. So I’m starting to think it’s the cold weather less and less, unless it needs to be exactly at operating temp.

I recently read a thread on here, from about 12 or so years ago, where @9CZ71Denali was having this issue, and it was because of the MAF.

Tomorrow I’m going to clean the MAF and the TB and see if that helps any, but I’m starting to think that while it still could be a tranny issue, what if it’s just a symptom of another issue like a lean condition?

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a normal day with no warm up they never do this so it appears to be a extreme cold weather issue.

OP
OP
SpThomass

SpThomass

Reaction score
On a normal day with no warm up they never do this so it appears to be a extreme cold weather issue.
Could it be as simple as a clogged tranny filter? And maybe a complete tranny fluid flush?

also thanks for the help man!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man F that. No thanks. I don’t do cold real well.
I agree. I HATE cold weather.... and it’s rarely anywhere near zero degrees. My cold isn’t anything like most people’s cold.... lol. I still don’t like it. Everyone tells me I’m in the wrong place and the wrong line of winter work... :D

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I HATE cold weather.... and it’s rarely anywhere near zero degrees. My cold isn’t anything like most people’s cold.... lol. I still don’t like it. Everyone tells me I’m in the wrong place and the wrong line of winter work... :D
Yeah, a snowboard instructor that doesn’t like the cold! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345