Does the 6.2 and ten speed tranny have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hardly consider 2 threads, which are both questionable at best, as classifying the 10-speed as being problematic or having issues.

I'm not the one trying to say that the 10-speed is problematic or having issues.

I stated that there were threads of people experiencing issues with their 10 speed transmission, you asked for links to the threads, and I provided the links to the threads.

I didn't create the threads or the posts in the (2) linked threads above referencing the 10 speed transmission; But clearly they were started by members and owners of vehicles with the new 10-speed sharing their experience. Furthermore, other members who didn't start the threads chime in and share posts of their similar experience. Lastly, there is a GM TSB referenced in each thread regarding a delayed shift between park, reverse, and drive along with hard shifting with a bang or clunk.

Threads started by owners sharing their first hand experiences and GM TSB's make up about 90% of this entire forum; If those type of things are "questionable at best" then I imagine you probably have a hard time with a lot of what’s posted on this entire site.

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my 19' callaway tahoe it's like this, if the truck is fully warmed up it shifts and runs great, but cold there are issues if you get on it, when I say issues it will tend to hold the gear longer than needed, don't seem to have the shudder issue, but then again callaway programs the trans as well as the engine

Are you certain that Callaway changes the transmission programming? My understanding was that the ECM was programmed by Callaway, but they didn't (couldn't) touch the TCM on the 10sp.

yeah, i doubt callaway is touching the TCM at all. as they didnt touch the TCM for the '15 models

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989