Do you guys have a way to delete 15+ magnetic ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are working on something, still quite a bit away from completing full testing.
Bilstein 5100 (PN 24-251976) on 2015 Tahoe LTZ

It will require a different top mount, but hoping to reuse the lower spring mount, isolator, bumpstop and spring.

We will keep you updated.

View attachment 224394

Any progress on the front strut swap with MRC parts?

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max, I talked to RDT Diesel. I forgot his name) and he commented on using the stock MRC parts with new after market shock is doable but the modifications to make it work was not a cut and dry task and suggested to use stock Non MRC parts. He couldnt comment on the spring rate and functionality difference but didnt think it was a big enough factor to worry about.

TheEngineer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Dearmosd That is the way I understand it as well. I also agree with the assessment about the spring rate.
There are many different springs available. Just enter your VIN on any GM Parts site and look at the options.

Here is the GM part number for the upper mount with the non magnetic diameter for just about every 2014-2019 truck/SUV.

2014 thru 2019

https://www.chevroletpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-strut-mount-22826284
  • SKU:22826284
  • Positions:Left, Right
  • Other Names:Mount
  • Description:
    Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade. Yukon XL, Suburban. Escalade ESV. Sierra, silverado.
    Without magneride. 2wd, without magnetic ride control. 4wd, without magnetic ride control.

Then fit your stock magneride spring over a non-magnetic shock core of your choice.
Bilstien, Belltech, AC Delco, etc

We just haven't tested it on a vehicle yet, perhaps after race season is over. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17