Do the PPV/SSV Hybrids have the speed limiter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigb_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a standard Hybrid and am wondering if the 100mph speed limiter is deleted in the Hybrid PPV/SSV models. Anyone with one able to drive over 100?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Everything GM builds has the limiter. SSV is 98/99 just like consumer vehicles. PPV is higher but I don’t recall the specific number. I think it’s 120ish.

It’s an easy thing with a tuner to set the limits to a number of your choice.

OP
OP
B

bigb_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everything GM builds has the limiter. SSV is 98/99 just like consumer vehicles. PPV is higher but I don’t recall the specific number. I think it’s 120ish.

It’s an easy thing with a tuner to set the limits to a number of your choice.
I haven’t found a tuner that can do a hybrid. Was hoping the PPV hybrids had a different ECM that I could swap out for.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure hybrid and PPV are mutually exclusive. I was thinking you were considering trading vehicles.

I don’t know if the GM Tech2 tool allows for speed limiter adjustments or not, perhaps one of the experts with those will chip in.

If you are determined and willing to accept a speedometer error/ offset you can perhaps have it programmed with a smaller tire size than it actually has, or perhaps a different gear ratio -if those are even possible on a hybrid. That will fool the ECM into thinking you’re going slower than your actual speed.

By way of example my speedometer is 10% less than true road speed because I have oversize tires and I didn’t reprogram the system. And I’m OK with that. :driver:

Brom48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PPV is 140mph, I hit 130 on the way to work this morning!

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure hybrid and PPV are mutually exclusive. I was thinking you were considering trading vehicles.

I don’t know if the GM Tech2 tool allows for speed limiter adjustments or not, perhaps one of the experts with those will chip in.

If you are determined and willing to accept a speedometer error/ offset you can perhaps have it programmed with a smaller tire size than it actually has, or perhaps a different gear ratio -if those are even possible on a hybrid. That will fool the ECM into thinking you’re going slower than your actual speed.

By way of example my speedometer is 10% less than true road speed because I have oversize tires and I didn’t reprogram the system. And I’m OK with that. :driver:
My tech who worked on my SSV said he had to call Gm direct (ex police car) to remove the speed Limiter (some code or something) if there was turned on my SSV

Found the TSB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt