Do I need to delete AFM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the heads have obviously been off, then we could assume the afm has been touched? But the suburban still goes into v4 mode. Is there a fix where it would retain the dual mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if the heads have obviously been off, then we could assume the afm has been touched? But the suburban still goes into v4 mode. Is there a fix where it would retain the dual mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heads could have been off for a number of reasons not pertaining to AFM at all. The heads themselves could've been replaced or maybe just the gaskets were replaced. You said the guy you bought it from thought the lifters may have been replaced by the guy before him, so we could ASSUME that's why the heads were off. What you can't tell unless you track down the owner before who you bought the Suburban from is what was done when the heads were off. Maybe they just replaced a couple failed AFM lifters? Maybe they replaced all of them? Maybe they used exact originals? Maybe they used the updated lifters? Who knows?!

Whatever was replaced wasn't to disable or delete AFM as the system is still functional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts