Do I keep it or sell it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s what we did to our 08 Denal YXL. A $795 professional detail and it absolutely hurt to sell it. Wise decision to keep it since there’s no AFM. That paint is in frick’n unreal condition. The only downside is now your ready to pluck a diamond 09 if you run into one. Here in CA $65 e85 fill ups and no AFM = free steak dinners every week.

We sold ours mainly to get the e85 iand a bunch of other 09 options. Ping me if your interested in adding factory BT and the remote OnStar cell phone access for lock/ unlock (and remote start if equipped already).

I have an extra VCIM from a ‘12 Silverado I used as a guinea pig to update our 09 for adding cell access and Navi direction downloading. Plug n play for 07/08 for free factory BT even w/o activating OnStar. $35+ shipping and it’s yours to congrat for keeping it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Baggerjim

Baggerjim

Reaction score
Not sure what the VCIM is, but, if I could sic a phone and itunes that would be great

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
OnStar Module is VCIM or voice control integrated module. It’s how GM added BT to the 09 trucks without any other changes to the harness or wiring. It seamlessly displays the status and/or number dialed in the odometer display and uses all the existing radio volume and stations buttons on the steering wheel to control it.

It’s shameful they held the technology back and its simplicity so buyers believed purchasing a new vehicle was the only way to get BT.

iTunes or streaming the content from your phone is just a $3 adapter from the phone to your Aux plug on the face of the radio.

There’s two other options for wired screen mirror to the Navi screen or running a Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter 727012-1300 for wireless BT A2DP (music only). I mentioned the Bose because it allows the phone to pair to the OnStar (phone) BT and Bose (music) BT simultaneously. Both also integrate to pause, mute and lower volume and the a/c fan speed for voice calls.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VCIM actually stands for vehicle communication interface module. The bluetooth is for phone calls only, it does not have the ability to do bluetooth audio.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What he said about VCIM anachronym ... and yes on BT capability for cell calls via VCIM, no on BT music (A2DP) through VCIM but ... having both as an integrated feature by adding another part is a thing.

Reaction score
This is the best bluetooth audio option I've found for these trucks. I mount the pod on the woodgrain to the left of the head unit and the mic does a great job of picking up my voice and canceling any noise and feedback.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NLTW60/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Do you use it for both hands free calls and to play audio from your phone, or just audio? My truck has Bluetooth hands free calling built-in, but not audio streaming from my phone, I have to use a cable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you use it for both hands free calls and to play audio from your phone, or just audio? My truck has Bluetooth hands free calling built-in, but not audio streaming from my phone, I have to use a cable.

I use it for both. Once my phone is paired with the Kinivo and I'm playing music, if I receive a call, it's a pain to switch it over the built-in bluetooth. I find it works well and people can hear me fine.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Okay everyone, here is what I did. New hood (rust), new windshield, new headlights, touch-up paint, complete buff and polish along with some mechanical work, it really didn't need much as I have kept up on everything. Had the inside super cleaned and looks great. Going to get tires before July vacation out West. Total cost without tires about $3000. What do you think?
I want to thank everyone for the suggestions.

I have the side moldings if anyone wants them just pay shipping and they are yours.

View attachment 280360 View attachment 280361 View attachment 280362

Nice looking SUV, I don't see why you can't get another 50k miles out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons