Do I have everything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rex450se

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I have everything I need to install my new head unit in my truck. Also, anything I need to look out for or problems you ran into that you wish you'd known before doing the install yourself. I've listed what I have collected so far below.

Pioneer AVIC-W8400NEX
Metra 99-2007 dash kit
Antenna Adapter
Maestro RR
Maestro AV-GM5 to retain rear screens
Maestro RR-GM5 harness

I have a 2011 Escalade ESV, so it has 2 rear screens. Will this be a plug and play with all of the factory harnesses? I'm getting mixed answers as some things say this harness is only compatible with the non-Bose equipped trucks and some people say it works just fine. I'm looking to install this Saturday as the dash kit won't be in until Friday. Thanks for the help.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed Maestro with no problems, make sure to configure your maestro to your truck spec (only with the functions your truck came with). Just can't remember if it came with factory usb (middle console compartment) adapter. look in to solder seal butt connectors

Edit.

might need to trim some plastic, in order to fit HU

Last edited: