dmax 3.0 and the cold (-30F)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamlegion

Reaction score
Concerning the console heat issue, per the dealer once GM got back to the tech (the tech created a case with them) GM provided instructions for the tech to follow. Sounded like GM is aware of the problem and it isn't specific to diesel versions. The truck hasn't been back to the dealer as we are still waiting parts for the other issue.

More intel on the behavior:
When it's cold outside if you turn your hvac off and hold your hand directly above the charging pad you don't feel a breeze. But then turn on the hvac to 'auto' do you feel a cold breeze (and the rest of the vents are putting out heat)? On my wife's truck it is very obvious when the temp is say -10F or lower (we are in a -20 to -30F stretch right now) AND the vehicle is warmed up. My guess is that the auto setting is drawing outside air directly into the cabin at the center console, but that behavior isn't the normal as the other 2021's I've been around don't behave the same (I've tried this on other 2021 denali's).
FWIW this is by design to keep wirelessly charged phones from over heating. There is intentional AC ducting But freezing and over-cooling is not good. Does GM happen to recommend a grille cover for your temps?

question - does it get as cold without a phone there?

OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW this is by design to keep wirelessly charged phones from over heating. There is intentional AC ducting But freezing and over-cooling is not good. Does GM happen to recommend a grille cover for your temps?

question - does it get as cold without a phone there?
GM isn't recommending a grill cover or anything else beyond blocking or unblocking the vent within the console.
It gets cold with or without a phone on the charger.

No resolution yet; nor do I anticipate one to ever occur.

OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the re-circulation setting, or does that only work with the A\C?
The cold happens regardless of the hvac setting. IE, you can feel the cold hitting the back of the console. This isn't cold from the ac, it's outside air.
A soda in the front cup holder will freeze when your driving down the interstate at -30F for example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts