DJM Sway Bar Link and LCA Relocation Kit Doesn't Fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the sway bar bolted up to the pass side sway bar. There are two pics of the driver side end link flipped both ways. One way it will bolt up, but pushes the sway bar into the shock. Flipped, the sway bar won't bolt up to either the driver or pass side end link. Which leads me back to the pass side end link being welded together incorrectly, as shown in the previous post. If the pass side end link was welded more on center, then it looks like everything would line up with the driver side shown in the 2nd pic (grease fittings facing forward). This would also bring it away from the shock.

Now if I can just get DJM to agree to this..........

Attachments

• 20210806_153438.png
    20210806_153438.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20210806_153631.png
    20210806_153631.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
I would try disconnecting the passenger side, have the drivers side in the last position shown, slide the sway bar to the drivers side to align with the outer side of the drivers side link, then check how far off the passenger side link is and try flipping and checking different orientations on the passenger side

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, slow to follow up on this. I talked to DJM and they basically said the link looks fine. So, I tried reinstalling. Lifted the rear of the vehicle, axle sitting at ride height. Shifted the bar over to the new mounting spot on the driver side. Installed the driver side link and it shoved the sway bar right into the shock on the pass side. I can't even get the bar lifted up far enough to bolt up to the pass side link. I sent DJM pics again, waiting for a reply.

Oh, and those crusty brakes have been replaced lol.

They didn't say anything about the links you have having much more offset than the ones in the pic?

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ks03, I did try that (didn't grab pictures of it). It's the same thing as the driver side. It'll either be jammed up against the shock or be just a bit off. Which looks like if the piece was welded more on center, it would bolt right up.

I haven't heard back from DJM yet though.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Page 2 of the instructions show ones with offset similar to the ones drdave81 has

Right. But on the the first page at the top right, there's a pic of a kit with lesser-offset links and the instruction manual in that pic says "2000-2006...". Belltech is known for having erroneous info in their instructions and specs, and a lot of that appears to be due to copy-and-pasting. I'd say they copied pics they took of the '07+ parts (for kit #RK2007) and put them into the instructions for the RK2000 kit and that's why there are two different end link styles shown within the same instruction book.

So, my thinking is that the kit for the '00-'06, #RK2000, should be the more straight links with lesser offset and drdave81 has the RK2007 that is for the '07+. But, looking at the pics in his instructions titled "2000-2006...", he would be led to believe that he has the correct kit.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
CFA07A7E-3DCF-40B2-AF00-697BA2598141.jpeg
Looks like 2000-2001 to me. I’m guessing from when it was first released, but if they update the product with a significantly different design they should update photos of their listings and instructions

the drivers side link of the rk2007 has a greater offset as well

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 347020
Looks like 2000-2001 to me. I’m guessing from when it was first released, but if they update the product with a significantly different design they should update photos of their listings and instructions

the drivers side link of the rk2007 has a greater offset as well

Nice zooming! I couldn't see it that clearly with my methods. Now it's even more confusing. On DJM's site, the RK2000 says "2000 – 2006 AVALANCHE, TAHOE AND SUBURBAN REAR HARDWARE KIT TO BE USED WITH LOWERED COIL SPRING."

On the second page of the instructions, it shows a pic of the much further offset passenger link. The scanned image of the instruction sheet says on the first page "2000-2006 Suburban\Tahoe\Avalanche" and I bet that pic in the upper right is what actually says "2000-2001...".

Regardless of all that, I always thought the rears of the GMT800 and '900 were almost identical, at least in this aspect. Maybe the sway bar is narrower on the '900? Maybe there's a difference among the '800 with towing/trailering packages?

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it finally came down to, they're just going to let me return the kit. The only thing they did was come back with some pictures of their own stuff and then said "you have a lot of aftermarket parts on here and another brand of shock, with that I am not sure about fitment. We have not tested it. Can it be moved over any?"
All I have is the Belltech lowering kit and a Spohn adjustable panhard bar. Either way, it's taken a lot of emails for them to say they don't know what to do. So I'm returning the kit and will just leave the stock longer end links on there.

Carlos Mendoza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it finally came down to, they're just going to let me return the kit. The only thing they did was come back with some pictures of their own stuff and then said "you have a lot of aftermarket parts on here and another brand of shock, with that I am not sure about fitment. We have not tested it. Can it be moved over any?"
All I have is the Belltech lowering kit and a Spohn adjustable panhard bar. Either way, it's taken a lot of emails for them to say they don't know what to do. So I'm returning the kit and will just leave the stock longer end links on there.
If you have an Instagram, look up lsxdenali. He came up with a clever way using an hellwig adjustable links after lowering. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec