DJM Rear Sway Bar Links Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to lowering my '07 Denali with Autoride this weekend with the Belltech kit from Tony. Everything went pretty smoothly except the rear sway bar links. I found no instructions in the box or online for installing, but found a couple installed pictures which helped me determine which side was which.

The driver's side link is very close to fitting properly, I could throw a bolt through it without worrying too much about it, but the passenger side link is way off. The sway bar sits in the middle of the link and looking at where the bottom bolt will go, I'm worried that it will be very close to rubbing on the air shock.

3C1B3686-3DDF-4899-93CD-D72404EF60D8_zpsv3qe65hh.jpg

The photo above is of mine. It looks like the sway bar could probably be forced to fit on the left side of the link, but the installed picture I found online show it on the other side...

photo1_zps727c7dcd.jpg

Am I just being dramatic and I need to man-handle the bar to one side of the link and tighten the bolts? Do I need to loosen the sway bar mounts on the axle and adjust it? Do I have the wrong links?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to drill a new hole in the frame for the swaybar brackets on the drivers side. The new holes you drill should be about 1 inch towards the passenger side. That will give you the room needed to align the sway bar correctly. I had to learn this while I was installing mine. Called Tony and he walked me thru it and texted me the brief directions Belltech has. I know it's dumb that you have to drill new holes.....but thats what you gotta do.

OP
OP
OneTwo

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

If I move it 1" towards the passenger side, it will definitely be touching the air shock.

What exactly is the purpose of the bend? The factory sway bar links are straight and it appears that a straight link that is just shorter would work perfectly...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no at ride height will be fine. Once you lift truck off the floor yes then it touches but that rarly happens.

setconstr

Reaction score
I have bell tech rear sway bar and DJM sway bar links on now and they hit the shock moved the drivers bracket over and I had clearance of 1/4" but after driving it the sway bar is now touching the shock again , any idea why ? Thanks

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I have bell tech rear sway bar and DJM sway bar links on now and they hit the shock moved the drivers bracket over and I had clearance of 1/4" but after driving it the sway bar is now touching the shock again , any idea why ? Thanks
I have an Eibach rear sway bar and I just switched back to factory links because with the DJM angled links my bar was rubbing the panhard on dips. I have a 2-3/4 w/ air ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne