DivX(R) VOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything in the owner's manual about DivX(R) VOD and am unable to register the Yukon's radio/device on the vod.divx.com website. Has anyone used this feature on your OEM stereo? What does it do? How did you register?

handstr

Reaction score
i have registered it.. but nothing happens. they told me to download the video and play it on the dvd player.. but thats not working either.

jgo4rth2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
CHEVY DIVx registration process - success!!!

I recently bought 2012 Chevy SubUrban LTZ
I took the reg code off the car and entered into the www.vod.divx.com website.
I then downloaded the registration video and transferred to the USB memory stick. Inserted into USB slot on truck and was unable to detect divx video.
I tried different sticks and nothing worked. SO I finally burned it to a DVD-R and it worked fine. This step completes the registration.. I should be able now to buy or convert my dvd's to DIVx format and then move to a memory stick and upload or play to car system. Hope this help because I am a technician and found this slightly confusing and there wasn't a lot of info out there. Good luck
JG4

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
My God, DivX is about as old and dead as eight-track tapes, cassette tapes, 3.5" and 5.25" floppies, and the former Circuit City box stores. :shrug:

OP
OP
iwaslowr

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I then downloaded the registration video and transferred to the USB memory stick. Inserted into USB slot on truck and was unable to detect divx video.
I tried different sticks and nothing worked. SO I finally burned it to a DVD-R and it worked fine. This step completes the registration.. I should be able now to buy or convert my dvd's to DIVx format and then move to a memory stick and upload or play to car system. Hope this help because I am a technician and found this slightly confusing and there wasn't a lot of info out there. Good luck
JG4

Thank you, sir!

Fatespawn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
CHEVY DIVx registration process - success!!!

JG4

Wow.... I know this is a total necro-post, but it's the ONLY post I found that helped me get this running. I have a 2013 Tahoe.

Yes, Divx is ancient tech... I was really hoping to fill up a USB stick with a bunch of Divx movies converted from my personal movie library.

Following these instructions I was able to active my entertainment system to play Divx. You have to download the file, then burn the file (it's a Divx video file) to a data DVD. I thought that might activate the ability to play movies from USB, but unfortunately, NO! Seemingly, you can only play videos from the DVD player.

The best I've been able to do, is take an MP4 (or other video file) and run it through DivX Converter (free) and then burn the resulting video files to a data DVD. The problem is that video files are pretty big and DVD's are relatively small (compared to other options in 2018) so, you're looking at 2... maybe 3 movies per DVD.

I'd love to optimize the video file size with more suitable resolutions or bitrates etc... but I imagine that DivX Converter is fairly limited. Handbrake dropped DivX support years ago.

If anyone else has any experience, I'd love to hear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17