Ditch Z85 air shocks or stick with them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Big Mama and @adventurenali92 for your insight. Initially I wanted an added inch of lift to the rears so the Billstein with Moog springs was my plan. I had the Billsteins put on the front at the highest setting to fit my wheel/tire setup, but I think I have room to spare and could lower down a bit so I wouldn't need any rear lift for appearance reasons. The ride right now is pretty rough and hoping the rear replacements will smooth it out. [honestly I'm a little regretting going to 22s with AT tires].
Now I am thinking the Arnott is a better option for the rears. I will research (just seems more plug and play). With respect to the Arnotts, is replacing the compressor also usually required? About 60k on this '16 Tahoe and the shocks are completely rusted out and need replacing for sure.
Do you hear the compressor cycle through at startup?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t replace my compressor and lines but will as soon as I restock the parts piggy bank. If you can do it all at once I would. If the shocks are rusted I’d guess the compressor isn’t in tip top shape.

Mattbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t hear anything on startup. Going to do the Arnott shocks only for now. Will post pics after installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep