Display brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAguy68

Reaction score
I've got a question on the display. When I'm running carplay and using Waze for instance, it is super bright and seemingly not in "night" mode. Night mode is activated on my phone but not on the screen. My wife's new Mazda CX-9's display will be dark and in "night" mode at night. I've poked around the settings and can't determine if it's a phone issue or a Tahoe issue. Maybe it's just how it is?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that too. Aside from dimming the whole thing using the dimmer buttons for all the dash stuff, the only thought I’d have is in CarPlay you can change the background to something darker or make sure under Settings it’s set to the default if Fark Mode (that won’t fix the app brightness in the music player or other CarPlay apps).

OP
OP
VAguy68

VAguy68

Reaction score
Mine does that too. Aside from dimming the whole thing using the dimmer buttons for all the dash stuff, the only thought I’d have is in CarPlay you can change the background to something darker or make sure under Settings it’s set to the default if Fark Mode (that won’t fix the app brightness in the music player or other CarPlay apps).
Thanks. Seems odd. My app is in dark mode and clearly working when I look down at the phone. Odd that the whole screen stays super bright.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a constant battle with the dimmer buttons for me. Doesn't seem to bother my wife but I simply cannot drive around at night with that screen glowing in my face. Sure would be nice if the screen could tone it down a little on it's own at night but I'm sure then folks would complain about that too