Discounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malba2366

Reaction score
What kinds of discounts are being seen on these vehicles right now? I see the Laura GMC pricing...is this kind of pricing available in most areas yet (specifically I am in the NYC metro area). I have noticed more inventory of these trucks and that sales have been falling year over year the last couple months. What is GMs typical pattern...how long before they start putting cash on the hoods?

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the west coast and I'll be buying some time soon. I've been looking at Laura, as well as Yates in Goodyear, AZ and Dennis Dillon in Boise. I think the discounts are regional. Can't get that type of discount here in So Cal, from what I've seen.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you get your information that sales are falling. Certainly they fluctuate with gas prices, but the Arlington plant is running 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, and they have upped the line speed from what it was in April. In April they were doing 1200 a day, I'm not sure what it is for sure now, but they are doing more than 8000 units per week.

OP
OP
M

malba2366

Reaction score
If you look at the April and May sales the sales of the GMC/Chevy versions have fell roughly 15 percent from 2014 to 2015. There was likely a lot of pent up demand for the revised models and that is now gone.

RD2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you get your information that sales are falling. Certainly they fluctuate with gas prices, but the Arlington plant is running 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, and they have upped the line speed from what it was in April. In April they were doing 1200 a day, I'm not sure what it is for sure now, but they are doing more than 8000 units per week.

I was wondering if they were working more days because during a chat online with GM they told me my actual build update in the computer system to "build complete" was 6/6, a Saturday.

12many

Reaction score
IMO, supply is catching up to demand. The Tahoes are sitting on the lots longer. GM is offering small rebates and discounts.

I got mine at $200 over invoice and there was a $500 rebate since my wife drives a car other than a GM (but there are also rebates for people who also have a GM car). So final price was $300 under invoice. There are also incentives for military and at the time school workers. I am in Vegas and this is not a good market for buyers so if you are in a competitive market or want a black interior you can do much better.

Anzir

Reaction score
Outside of Laura, you'd be hard pressed to get more than $5400 off MSRP without factory incentives, which are not happening right now. That's my experience with Yukon XLs.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside of Laura, you'd be hard pressed to get more than $5400 off MSRP without factory incentives, which are not happening right now. That's my experience with Yukon XLs.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Dealers in my area are still (1 + year later) only offering $2500 off MSRP and selling them for that. Laura is only 2 hours away from me and people arent doing their research and paying top dollar locally for them. Crazy.

I'm still thrilled with mine.

Anzir

Reaction score
Dealers in my area are still (1 + year later) only offering $2500 off MSRP and selling them for that. Laura is only 2 hours away from me and people arent doing their research and paying top dollar locally for them. Crazy.

I'm still thrilled with mine.
I live in Florida and Laura's inventory was only 4WD. My friend and I are both in the market and we tried to find a deal for 2 trucks at the same dealership within Florida. We were flexible with colors but wanted specific options. Still, it was like getting lightning in a bottle to find 2 trucks at the same dealership. He decided to order a 2016 2WD from Laura. I figured with the price increase for a 2016 and with the increase in price for the 22" wheels, I'd be spending less finding a 2015 and that's what I am doing. Hopefully this truck lasts many years so I don't have to worry about the difference in resale.

Locally, the best I could get was 4800 off. Had to go further out to find the right one at 5400 off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019