Disabling TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Antera wheels have the internal valve stem under the center cap with an air channel through the spokes and are not TPM compatible, but when I bought my truck I purchased new factory TPM sensors at the dealer by providing my Vin, all 4 cost about $300 and I just had them banded to the barrel of my wheels, but I needed to have them programed at each corner once they were installed, but they function properly. It is worth just swapping them over and marking them from each corner they were removed.
What do you mean you had them banded to your wheels? How do they read air pressure?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4OFFSHR, Ebay would have been cheaper. You can buy discounted OEM parts with free shipping and no tax.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean you had them banded to your wheels? How do they read air pressure?
Some select tire suppliers offer a strapping kit that goes around the entire rim at the drop center and the tpm sensor is fixed to the strap and the sensor is functional based on air pressure, so the sensor reads the tire pressure. This is a practice that is used for some 3pc wheels as they are not designed for tpm, but banding them around the rim is a functional option.

TPM Bands-l640.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some select tire suppliers offer a strapping kit that goes around the entire rim at the drop center and the tpm sensor is fixed to the strap and the sensor is functional based on air pressure, so the sensor reads the tire pressure. This is a practice that is used for some 3pc wheels as they are not designed for tpm, but banding them around the rim is a functional option.

View attachment 203960
I never heard of those. I guess I could have used those on my billets but I got the system disabled somehow.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never heard of those. I guess I could have used those on my billets but I got the system disabled somehow.
Was a trick of the trade in the wheel biz here in Cal, back when the tpms thing started to become standard on every car it caused a ton of problems for aftermarket wheel suppliers, especially the forged 3pc and billet wheel market, so the banding/strapping concept was introduced and it seems to work well. My straps on my Antera wheels have been on there for at least 3 sets of tires, and the wheels were from my 01 Yukon that then went on my 11 Suburban, and then now on my 17 Yukon. I know having 18 year old wheels seems odd, but those wheels are the last of the production of wheels made in Italy before the market all started manufacturing in China, so I just can't bring myself to go with anything else...I am just a creature of habit I guess, and the innovation of the design and the finish is far better than anything China has ever produced, so I think based on the age it is a testament to their quality, durability and function.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a trick of the trade in the wheel biz here in Cal, back when the tpms thing started to become standard on every car it caused a ton of problems for aftermarket wheel suppliers, especially the forged 3pc and billet wheel market, so the banding/strapping concept was introduced and it seems to work well. My straps on my Antera wheels have been on there for at least 3 sets of tires, and the wheels were from my 01 Yukon that then went on my 11 Suburban, and then now on my 17 Yukon. I know having 18 year old wheels seems odd, but those wheels are the last of the production of wheels made in Italy before the market all started manufacturing in China, so I just can't bring myself to go with anything else...I am just a creature of habit I guess, and the innovation of the design and the finish is far better than anything China has ever produced, so I think based on the age it is a testament to their quality, durability and function.
Well you know what’s next...pictures! Let’s see ‘em.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of the wheels on each truck, or pictures of the sensors strapped to the wheels? I only have pics of the wheels on the trucks, but going to get some new tires soon and I will take some pics of the wheels with the tires off to show the strap system with the tpm valve sensor.

IMG_0939.JPG 20151228_164048.jpg 20180721_110308.jpg

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the same thing last month since my billet wheels on my 08 CC don't have locations for sensors. All I found pointed to it being impossible to disable it but you can fake it either with the PVC tube method or a company that makes electronic "spoofers". You can search online for the spoofers; I was in the process of finding one for my truck when I somehow disabled my system when I was pulling fuses one by one, checking them, and reinstalling them. It hasn't come back on even though I've disconnected the battery several times. So even though it's supposedly impossible, I did it but I don't know how.
Bringing up an old thread… but did you ever figure out how you did this?

Trying to deactivate my van. Apparently the receiver is bad And it’s not a simple change out. Has to be programmed to the vehicle if I get a new receiver. Pain in the ass. I want to turn it off completely