Disable Daylight Running Lights (DRL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86mk7

Reaction score
just did what the original poster sugested. works perfect so far and easy to do. like 5 mins to complete, the hardest was getting the box open and the module out.

Portcityukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did this mod. It took less than 5 minutes with a pair of pliers and an xacto knife. Thanks for the write up!

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is the procedure so complicated? For 1999-belower OBS GM truck, to disable DRL, you just need pull off #15 Fuse from driver-sdie dashboard fuse panel.

OP
OP
N

nikel

Reaction score
Why is the procedure so complicated? For 1999-belower OBS GM truck, to disable DRL, you just need pull off #15 Fuse from driver-sdie dashboard fuse panel.

This will work as well, but note that fuse #15 is not a dedicated fuse for DRL. Removing is will also disable other functionality. For me it was most notably the dash lights. The mod described here not much harder or time consuming than pulling fuse 15.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will work as well, but note that fuse #15 is not a dedicated fuse for DRL. Removing is will also disable other functionality. For me it was most notably the dash lights. The mod described here not much harder or time consuming than pulling fuse 15.

What else does it disable exactly? I didn't notice anything different after I pulled mine.

Mustela

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did this last night, quick and easy. My favorite mod so far since I hunt in this truck alot I want the lights out and I kept forgetting to put the fuse back. With the switch everything is working great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt