Dimmable rearview mirror with built in backup LCD screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with your method is that I was ADDING an XM radio antenna and for that you must have a ton of room to drill the 2 holes in the roof and then tighten the mounting bolt for the antenna. Fish wire will not work for that.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Oops, forgot about that.. your XM antenna.

Ron

35ANVSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here is the pinout of the GM mirrors used (spec. gentex 657), in case others are interested.

Ron

View attachment 202492

Ok I want to install the onstar rear view mirror in my wifes 09 Tahoe. I have looked and looked at posts and can't find what I am looking for. I used the guide above with the pin outs at the mirror. My Tahoe has no nav or camera but had the wires at the inside mirror (blue and white etc) for the camera. I bought a used mirror and when you put truck into reverse the light blinks like it is looking for the camera. I bought the license plate tail light harness as the guy I bought mirror from threw in a factory camera. Yesterday I popped the back trim off to see if there was any wiring in the tail gate and didn't find any. Can someone tell me is the wiring there for a camera and just needs to be pulled out? Someone thought it is there and might be behind the rear compartment trim? If not where do the rear wires pug into that run up to the inside mirror harness.... I assume the wires would run from the back to a UBEC under the dash possibly passenger side? All the posts I find are adding a camera to a NAV unit or going from the mirror to NAV. I can't find anything on just adding the inside rear view mirror.....

Thanks in Advance!!

brbtransformin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I want to install the onstar rear view mirror in my wifes 09 Tahoe. I have looked and looked at posts and can't find what I am looking for. I used the guide above with the pin outs at the mirror. My Tahoe has no nav or camera but had the wires at the inside mirror (blue and white etc) for the camera. I bought a used mirror and when you put truck into reverse the light blinks like it is looking for the camera. I bought the license plate tail light harness as the guy I bought mirror from threw in a factory camera. Yesterday I popped the back trim off to see if there was any wiring in the tail gate and didn't find any. Can someone tell me is the wiring there for a camera and just needs to be pulled out? Someone thought it is there and might be behind the rear compartment trim? If not where do the rear wires pug into that run up to the inside mirror harness.... I assume the wires would run from the back to a UBEC under the dash possibly passenger side? All the posts I find are adding a camera to a NAV unit or going from the mirror to NAV. I can't find anything on just adding the inside rear view mirror.....

Thanks in Advance!!

I added the mirror to my 2011 without nav or camera. I installed the camera in the tailgate, ran the power wire from the camera to the taillight, and the video cable from the camera up to the front of the truck to the mirror. Then I spliced the video cable from the camera to the mirror harness.

As far as I know, the existing video cables from the mirror harness don't run back to the tailgate. I wasn't sure where they terminate so I just routed the video cable from the camera up to the front headliner.