Diesel for city driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yutuyu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I find it too!
Even if it’s a bite more expensive than Gasoline, I doubt the V8 goes above 15mpg in city

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it too!
Even if it’s a bite more expensive than Gasoline, I doubt the V8 goes above 15mpg in city
Depends on how you drive it. My current tank full of 92 octane costco, I am getting 16.5MPG, and have regularly seen this for the first 3500 miles...auto stop/start on.
Now, if I decide to increase my smile factor and get on it...I can lower that to 13 pretty fast...as I whiz by all the other vehicles on the road...but most of the time, I drive like the old guy I am.

Agree, though, diesel is fantastic for economy...I almost bought...you can't go wrong either way, I think in Atlanta, you are good to go even short tripping...frigid climates of a LOT of short tripping, may not be the best on that engine.

OBSSSD

Reaction score
Considering the diesel over the 5.3. Daily commute is in rush hour Atlanta traffic, less than 10 miles each way. Longer trips around town on the weekends. Have never owned a diesel, is it the wrong choice for that kind of driving?
The difference in mileage in town is higher than on the highway, so absolutely yes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442