***Did Tahoe level and now have bunch of warning lights***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brknhal0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone run into seeing warning lights on their dash following a level? I did the suspensionmaxx 2.5 front and 1 rear and now have a bunch of warning lights on the dash.

Quick responses would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that same level done, but did not have any warning lights.

OP
OP
B

brknhal0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had that same level done, but did not have any warning lights.
Did you do the level yourself? I had a "friend-mechanic" do mine and he said it was difficult. I'm not sure why he would say that as I have seen members here do it themselves without any problems. I am wondering if he did not listen to me when I asked him to watch the videos on their site. He made mention that he had to stand on a long pry bar just to get the strut back in. That made no sense to me if he did it correctly.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess is you need to adjust the height sensors or add longer rods so it thinks it's still where it should be, you probably need one of the newer scan tools to do it yourself and god knows how much one of those cost, even the older tech2 knockoffs are still $300

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did just the 1.5” from suspension maxx on my wifes rig. All turned out well. No lights, no issues, drives like factory. Did you use the rod relocating brackets?

And yes (to the response above), i had my 8 year old boy helping me when i needed someone to stand on my 8’ long pry bar to gain the necessary room to get the spacers in.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the level yourself? I had a "friend-mechanic" do mine and he said it was difficult. I'm not sure why he would say that as I have seen members here do it themselves without any problems. I am wondering if he did not listen to me when I asked him to watch the videos on their site. He made mention that he had to stand on a long pry bar just to get the strut back in. That made no sense to me if he did it correctly.

I had a shop do the install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14