DiabloSport inTune i2 (i2030)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for info regarding Diablosport inTune i2 tuned 2015+ 5.3L 6 speed Tahoes/Yukons. I've tried Googling for info specific to my 2016 LTZ 5.3L 6 speed, but no luck.

I've ordered this tuner (i2030) and am looking for as much info on setup/results before I start tuning my Tahoe. I'm not new to working on vehicles, but I've NEVER reprogrammed ECM's before and would hate to mess it up on my daily driver.

Things I'd like to do with tuner:

- I'm definitely going to disable AFM and that seems to be simple enough with Diablo.

- I'd like to adjust transmission shifting as I feel they are shifting too early. Any suggestions?

- I'll be installing AFE Momentum GT Pro as soon as it arrives (this Friday), so I'd like to know if there is a setting to tune for that?

- Is there a tune to compliment the Corsa cat-back system I've already installed?

- Adjust for 295/35/24 tires. I think it's simple enough with Diablo.

That's all I can think of for now. Is there anything else I should consider?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tunes are pretty much canned to an extent. I did read on the Diablosport forum that in 2014 they added throttle settings. The choices of modifications to their canned tunes may differ from what I had available on my 09. I know that they can write you a custom tune (for a price) that will optimize your performance with the aftermarket mods you are planning.
I installed their preset 87 octane tune and disabled AFM but I made no further modifications to the program. It took a few days for the ECM to relearn everything and I am pretty pleased with it. I may go with the 93 octane tune to see if there is a greater difference. I was told that they increased torque across the board with the 93 tune.
As for transmission changes, you can contact their customer service and get tips from their techs.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know this, but according to posts in Diablo forums, it takes approx. 150 miles for ECM/TCM's to relearn programming. So that means you won't really notice a change in performance immediately after changing/modifying your tune.

Anyone here experience this?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a slight miss at first start up when the engine was still cold after I installed my tune. That has since gone away. They told me about the 150 mile relearn when I posed that issue with them. I believe that my ECM has leveled out. I am happy with my results. I would tell you not to expect a grand difference in performance such as adding a supercharger, but you will notice a change especially at higher rpms. Caught me by surprise when I hit passing gear.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed their 91 Octane tune, AFM disabled, and Firm shift. I also posted in their forum for tips/info pertaining to transmission shifting too early.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the 93 octane tune about 200 miles ago, didn't notice any real changes. It seems to have smoothed it out a bit, but the AFM is still functional and I went with the firmer shifting.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 09 which I just did the i2030...87 octane, disable afm, turn off torque management, firm shift...have about 500miles on tune, changed tire size noticeable differences...although can say specifically which mod had the most influence.....

Now that its tuned, not sure I would play with it much anymore, which got me thinking how to reset the i2030 and sell it, any ideas on that?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to install the factory tune and unmarry it from your 09. Otherwise you will be screwing the people who buy it from you.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to install the factory tune and unmarry it from your 09. Otherwise you will be screwing the people who buy it from you.

...yeah figures, that would have been to easy.....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC