Diablosport i3 worth it just to raise idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
2011 5.3. I got the i3 with the main purpose to disable AFM and raise the idle. Raised the idle 100 RPM and now at idle it is super smooth, no more hiccups while sitting at a light. I am just using the 87 tune for now, may install the 'firm' transmission tune as well. but so far it is working exactly as I hoped. I also may play with the idle and see if +50RPM gives me the same smooth idle.

Reaction score
How old are the spark plugs and wires?

A lot of my rough idle cleared up when I put on new wires

OP
OP
J

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it rough, but it stumbled sometimes. 140k miles. to try and cure this I replaced all the plugs/wires, cleaned MAF, cleaned throttle body, replaced engine mounts (one had failed), ran injector cleaner, Replaced fuel pump (original failed), new air filter, oil catch can (not sure that matters), changed oil. I chased it but this was a new to me vehicle so replacing this stuff at 140k needed to happen anyway since there was no record of it being done. From all I have read, the 'stumble' at idle is normal since these engines idle so low. watching the idle with a little bluetooth scanner it was around 500 rpm and stumble to 460 rpm.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I also replaced wires and plugs to no avail but using the Diablo to raise idle just 50 rpm eliminated my stumble at idle. After that I replaced maf and o2 and I would be curious of the result but don’t want to change the tune again.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also procure an in./lb. torque wrench and retighten the intake manifold bolts per the two-stage sequence. I noticed an air-leak that was causing some minor, but wonky, sensor readings.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I first got my 2012 it had a very random stumble, changed the throttle body to a ls7 model and it resolved the issue

Reaction score
Isn't there like a sensor on the throttle body, like TPS or something? Maybe just the sensor was bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts