Diablo tuner - Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Have one for my car. Always been puzzled by the speed and shift pressure settings. Could someone explain what in the world the difference is and what they do? I'd think they were interchangeable names for the same thing

Also: Is there a way to apply more timing retard during a shift? The primary goal is to have quicker shifts to reduce the time the clutches are slipping / reduce heat buildup. When stock, it's pretty obvious(can hear it). With the tune on, it doesn't sound like there's hardly any.

Last edited:

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shift pressure is applying more fluid pressure if im not mistaken the only way I know is to adjust line pressure there should be an option for that but I would thinik with a tuner like this it wont be much if anything of a difference. if you have a diablo I wold look into a diablew tube, or of course blackbear.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the idea behind the stock shift setting is smooth comfortable and as unnoticeable as possible. shift speed with a tuner is done a few ways. it will change the time delay between shifts so the transmission doesn't get the time to dump the excess pressure during a shift. that will speed up the shifts but will make the shifts much more noticeable. if the transmission is electronic pressure controlled or electronic pressure relief valve during the shifts it will also modify those aswell. the transmission is constantly building and releasing pressure to maintain gears and to shift. atleast thats the understanding i got when i had asked the same question a while ago elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons