Dexos oil - general observation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually change oil at around 4k miles, ran it out to about 6,000 this time in a year's running, probably 80% highway use. Had noticed a drop in oil pressure just lately. Usually stays right on 40 psi on the highway and dropped maybe 3 lb. The oil minder was showing 34% range remaining. Got the oil changed at the dealer today with their Dexos 1 full synthetic (as listed) and on the 35 mile drive home, 85 degrees outside, the pressure was again right on the mark at 40 psi. . Probably won't go that distance again. Engine was running fine, no noise at all, oil right on the full mark before change.

So, I'd say 6000 miles might be too long between changes.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want to know I’d recommend getting an oil analysis by blackstone labs.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have noticed the same thing too. The engine runs so much better with fresh oil, I ought to go back to 4K OCIs instead of 5K. It always takes a few hundred miles to get it done afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic