Detroit Axle Suspension Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metalshapes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah man that was my fist thought while waiting for the wrecker, I’m thankful I was still in my neighborhood.

LRD_V8R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll chime in here as well.

I ordered some a steering rack from them and got the wrong one. After 3 weeks of trying to get them to ship me a new one, I cancelled my order and requested an RMA. Sent the original part back and they kept telling me they would refund me but I had to open a dispute with Paypal to actually get my money back. First and last time I'll ever deal with them. Extremely unprofessional.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap maybe I should put my stock hubs back on. They were not making any noise but everything in my front end is new except for the hubs so I changed them about 4 months ago. I used Detroit axle cuz the reviews were good an it was 86 for both. I do do some traveling an like I said they been on for 4 months an my Tahoe is dropped. I've not had that kind of luck with them yet but maybe I should change them before something happens I've got to much money in my hoe to risk it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Holy crap maybe I should put my stock hubs back on. They were not making any noise but everything in my front end is new except for the hubs so I changed them about 4 months ago. I used Detroit axle cuz the reviews were good an it was 86 for both. I do do some traveling an like I said they been on for 4 months an my Tahoe is dropped. I've not had that kind of luck with them yet but maybe I should change them before something happens I've got to much money in my hoe to risk it

Good call. Get them off before something bad happens.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i got the lower balljoint removed and found out it actually failed at the stud just about 1/4" or so away from the rotating ball. I had assumed the ball actually separated but thats not what happened. Ive never seen a balljoint fail like this.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That is a very scary situation. I have seen what looked like a separated or broken lower ball joint on the shoulder and was amazed how there was no more damage than what I saw. Then you told us what happened with you. These parts are life threatening pieces of shit.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a very scary situation. I have seen what looked like a separated or broken lower ball joint on the shoulder and was amazed how there was no more damage than what I saw. Then you told us what happened with you. These parts are life threatening pieces of shit.
They are! Now there is MOOG on there upper and lower. Hopefully I get it back together this weekend. I need to get it out of the driveway! Monday a semi is coming with trusses and walls for my new house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham