Detroit Axle brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanna add its brake pads. I would try it. It's not something crazy like a hub that holds your wheel on. Which I gotta say I have a 04 Tahoe with 3/5 drop an sitting on 24s so u kno it's not good on front end parts. Well I bought some Detroit axle hubs about a year ago an still are doing good No noise or anything. I took a gamble buying them cuz yes if one fails I could lose a wheel. But I've not had a issue
Oh, no nothing crazy just something that keeps you from hitting someone that pulled out in front of you at 60 mph. Good brakes might save your life some day. It would suck if you slammed the brakes on and the pads separated like in the reviews and you couldn’t stop in time or at all. You did read those reviews, right? That company needs to be sued into oblivion. And if I was you, I would swap that hub out with one that’s guaranteed to never come apart aka Timken or similar quality. But it’s your life. And anybody else that rides with you.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. But it's not like a ball joint or hub is what I mean. So no need for the smart ass replies. Just giving my 2 cents. Dont need yours. :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. But it's not like a ball joint or hub is what I mean. So no need for the smart ass replies. Just giving my 2 cents. Dont need yours. :)
I was making a point, not being smart ass. I’m serious as all hell, and you might not want to give out advice carelessly. Brakes are the most important equipment on your rig, and you’re telling people they’re not. Your advice could end up costing somebody their life or to get into a serious accident if they were to actually follow it.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol anyone should be able to put their 2 cents in without a smart remark. Now I'm not gonna sit here an argue back an forth. Dont have time.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol anyone should be able to put their 2 cents in without a smart remark. Now I'm not gonna sit here an argue back an forth. Dont have time.
Well then don’t argue. There isn’t anything to argue about anyway. Once again, there was zero smart remarks, just facts. I’m just looking out for people.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see another victim just installed this junk in their vehicle and immediately the rear brakes are grinding and leaving grooves in the new rotors. After one damn day. People, do NOT put Detroit Axle parts in your vehicle if you value your life or the life of people who ride with you. Brakes and suspension are critical components and a failure of any of these parts at the wrong time can result in a serious accident. Be safe out there.https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/new-pads-and-rotors-rear-brakes-grinding-now.120641/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2